Thread: Thursday 7/10/14 Glacier run

Default Thursday 7/10/14 Glacier run

The trip to the Glacier this past weekend was cut short due to mechanical problems with the reverse gate on my XS. Got it fixed and was able to get back out a Saturday evening for some fishing…
    I have some guests coming up from the lower 48 and was really hoping to get them up to the glacier. There anyone off during the week looking to get out? I’ve only done the glacier once and would be more comfortable with another boat that knows channels.

Thanks!

Nate

Nate
    I have family up too and was looking at one day this coming weekend to head up to the glacier, as soon as we figure out what day- you are more than welcome to come along. I am stuck working during the week.
    Mike

Mike I will see if I can get out of going to Bethel this weekend...

Im up for this weekend!

Cool, should be able to pin them down tonight on the day and will let you know.
    I know if Bob The Fisher is back he will go too.
    Mike

Damit fellas, i cant catch a fricken break. One of My fishin buddys turns 21 on saturday and i am the desinated driver. We are starting the evening off at gallos at 3pm, from there who know where we will go. There is know way i can get out of it and hit the river with you fellas. I cannot believe how this summer is turning out. I just cannot get on the same calender as any of you all. This is so dam frustrating. I have only had my boat in the water two times this year. Hell, i wonder if i remeber how to start it, ha ha ha...
    Quote Originally Posted by HCL View Post
    Cool, should be able to pin them down tonight on the day and will let you know.
    I know if Bob The Fisher is back he will go too.
    Mike
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Nate;
    We are good for Sat, and HMS Ernie is coming along. Lets look at 1000am launch at the Glen Hwy bridge.

Bob;
    Dang it, you need to get that thing in the water before it gets mad at you! Tell your buddy you have a special boat trip planned for him and then afterwards take him to gallo's? If we launch at 1000, arrive glacier around 1130, eat lunch take pictures, you could be back and still make time hacks?

Anyone else is welcome to come along also.
    Mike

It sucks working the weekends
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by HCL View Post
    Nate;
    We are good for Sat, and HMS Ernie is coming along. Lets look at 1000am launch at the Glen Hwy bridge.

Bob;
    Dang it, you need to get that thing in the water before it gets mad at you! Tell your buddy you have a special boat trip planned for him and then afterwards take him to gallo's? If we launch at 1000, arrive glacier around 1130, eat lunch take pictures, you could be back and still make time hacks?

Anyone else is welcome to come along also.
    Mike

10am Saturday sounds like a plan to me, I'll be there.

Water was high and in places the channel had changed but was overall good trip. Was good to meet yall and hope we get to run some more rivers again.
    Mike

Sounds like yall had some fun. I had a boat load of out-of-staters on the river doing some fishin there on Friday and man is the river ever high. seems the warm weather and the rain has brought the water level up to a crazy high level. I bet above jim creek it looks like a lake with no clear channels hu Mike? I still need to get out there and run the sucker with you guys. Maybe one of these days. Next weekend is full and so is the one after that, but maybe the following one... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Bob;
    It was a good run, and yes above Jim Creek it was pretty spread out. We found several places the channel has changed due to the high water, made for some interesting times and a few stomps on the grate.
    Yes we need to get out and burn some fuel!
    Mike