Thread: opinions on the Ruger 1911 45s

Default opinions on the Ruger 1911 45s

A friend of mine has a Commander version of the Ruger 1911. This friend has very little experience with handguns and since the Ruger doesn't hit where it' s pointed(or where he thinks it's pointed)
    he wants to part ways with it. I have a vintage 10-22 Deluxe that was made in the 70's that he has always had his eye on(unfired in original box). He offered to trade and since I have a brand new empty Commander holster(just like yours Smokey) I'm thinking I will make the trade.

Do any of you guys have experience with the Ruger 1911's? I have until tomorrow to make up my mind so did Ruger get it right when they entered the 1911 market?

Thanks in advance EKC

I own and shoot a Ruger 1911 commander. It is function/quality/accuracy the equal of my Colt and Kimber 1911's. The Ruger came with a perfect crisp trigger. They come with ugly grips.

I would do the trade.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I would do the trade pardner and not look back!
    That holster and the Kimber are a great combo thanks a lot!
    I was in a shop yesterday and bought a blue xtra clip for the Kimber that was packaged and sold by Kimber but it would not lock into the gun? I went back and traded for an 8 round SS clip sold bt Wilson Combat that fit fine...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Well now if AGL4now, Will and Smoke all say yes then that's good enough for me! I'll go make phone call!

Thanks Guys

Here 45acp is easier to find and cheaper than 22lr anyway.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Normally trading a 10-22 for a good 1911 would be a no brainer, however this particular 10-22 had the prettiest piece of figured walnut that I have ever seen on a 10-22. It's a done deal now and I have always said guns are for shooting not looking at.

My intent for yesterday afternoon was to run several different defense loads through the 45 and see which one shot the best or whether I could shoot it well enough to even tell.Ha! It's been a long time since I spent much time behind the wheel of a 1911. Howsomeever I had one task to complete at work first and that was to trench in 100 foot of tile for an upcoming inspection. The place where I always rent a trencher iffen I need one had rented theres out for the rest of the summer so I buried 100 feet of tile 4ft deep with a spade. I didn't feel much like accuracy shooting but I did drive around the country side for an hour looking for a cat(ditch tiger) to shoot.

Who makes a good finger groove grip for a 1911 that doesn't thicken the grip a bunch?

"Ditch tiger" that's a nee one on me unlike it!!! I've got a couple buddies with Ruger 1911 they love them. I've only shot one it's the 4" like yours and it shot and handled very well, I own a 4" Kimber so I'm spoiled. For the m obey they seem hard to beat

I love my SR1911 and have over 6000rds down range with it, everyone that shoots it LIKES it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific23 View Post
    I love my SR1911 and have over 6000rds down range with it, everyone that shoots it LIKES it.
    I put a hundred rounds through mine today and shot it quite well. Think I'll wear it to church on Sunday.