Thread: Kenai Red Fishing

Default Kenai Red Fishing

I am headed up to AK with my family including my father in law. He hasn't ever been to AK (my 5th trip) and I was hoping to get him a fun experience and get away from the crowds a day or so. We will be fishing for Reds on Kenai proper and the Russian July 19-27. Was thinking about a float trip? Any suggestions with specific outfitters? Any other ideas for a relatively cost effective trip? I had entertained the idea of a fly out trip but he didn't want to spend quite that much.

Thanks for the help!

DA

We had a great trip with Alaska Rivers Company last year we did a float for reds on the Kenai. We are actually staying in one of their cabins for 6 nights this year. Pricing is on their website http://www.alaskariverscompany.com/

Cool
    Thanks Kenner!

DA

I guess since its your father in laws first time here I would get him on the water out of Homer, Seward or Whittier. A Kenai Fjords trip is a lot of fun and it would get you away from the river for a day. A hike with the flyrod up to Crescent lake is a great way to spend a day. Go on a saltwater charter for a day out of Homer or Seward.

Thanks chinookee. My wife will be fishing with him on a half day charter out of Seward. Crescent Lake sounds fun. We will be fishing for trout up the Russian River as well. We may also hit anchor River.

DA