Thread: Tried to Delete and can't

Default Tried to Delete and can't

Is there anyway to delete a post within the 20 minute time limit?

No,, after 20 minutes only a mod can delete a post. Send me a note to what you want deleted and I will delete it for you.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon77 View Post
    Is there anyway to delete a post within the 20 minute time limit?
    Yes, click the "edit post" button below the post; once in edit mode, a check box will be available above the post on the left which says "delete this post in the following manner".... Check the box and then click the button on the right which says "delete post".

....After 20 minutes you gotta ask a moderator.

The above from a computer; not sure how/if it works from other devices.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Thanks iofthe. That is how I recall deleting a post once before - but for the life of me could not find that delete box and I tried several times within the 20 minutes. I'll try with this post now.

UPDATE: I found the delete button easily when trying to delete this post. I'm now thinking that the system might be set up so that a "first" original post can be modified (but NOT deleted entirely).

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon77 View Post
    Thanks iofthe. That is how I recall deleting a post once before - but for the life of me could not find that delete box and I tried several times within the 20 minutes. I'll try with this post now.

UPDATE: I found the delete button easily when trying to delete this post. I'm now thinking that the system might be set up so that a "first" original post can be modified (but NOT deleted entirely).
    It works the same with the OP of a new thread... I just tested it for my own edumacation. (There's a forum specific to this sort of subject matter: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/.../30-Forum-tips)
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist