Thread: Thor Fury 24tb fuel station?

Default Thor Fury 24tb fuel station?

The fuel station on my thor toy hauler recently quit working. I checked the fuses in the box and didn't see one labeled for the fuel station but none of them are blown. I checked power to the timer/switch that turns it on and it is working fine. I pulled the power lines from the pump and checked them and had no voltage. I hope that there is another "secret" fuse in the circuit that someone can point me towards because tracing wires is proving to be a nightmare!

If there is no power to the unit, then there is a break upstream. Make sure you do not have a bad ground wire. Check to see if you have an in-line fuse as well. Worse case is you will have to replace the wiring, but you should be able to find where the break is. I had a similar problem not to long ago and went to a shop to have them figure it out...took the guy less than 5 minutes, money well spent IMHO.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Are you really sure you don't have a blown fused sometime they can look good but are still bad. If they are good Monday morning call the toy hauler and have them email you a wiring diagram before you take it to a shop. The diagram will tell you if there are any “secret” fuses or connectors.

I will pull and ohm all of the fuses for good measure. There has to be a fuse somewhere for it but I haven't found one and I don't have a manual for the rig. If anyone has a thor 24tb wiring diagram I sure would appreciate them looking to see if it lists an additional fuse location.

I had three different switches on mine. One a regular light switch inside, another in the hose box and the nozzle rest that had to be lifted. I can't remember fuse locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.

Lujon, it your pump a graco?

I didn't see a name on it and it is held to the frame with a large metal band that covers any possible labels on the pump motor. It has a lever on the pump and a timer inside the camper. No nozzle rest on my rig.

If you need to get by for the weekend, you can run a temporary wiring from your battery to the pump...at least you can get to the fuel that way.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

I know the graco pumps came with 16' of wire on them, so you could cut to what length the installer needed. In that 16 feet there was a 20 amp inline fuse. Not much help to where it's at but there should be a inline fuse. If it's another manufacturer I would bet there's still an inline somewhere. Check the connections leaving the timer/switch check the voltage as far down the sending wire you can reach and not just off the studs. Not sure where you are but if you are close to Eagle River or Palmer and need another set of hands chasing wire let me know. Good luck