Thread: Anyone using Greer meat trailer??

Default Anyone using Greer meat trailer??

Was wondering if anyone has any experience with Greers meat trailer? How much you can put in them, how do they handle, is the lid sturdy, etc... I am currently looking for a single axle trailer for moose season due to the fact that the double axle pac rat trailer I have is to big and hard to get back into where we moose hunt. Im not against getting another pac rat (single axle), Im just looking to try something else. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated..

Quote Originally Posted by joebut1985 View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has any experience with Greers meat trailer? How much you can put in them, how do they handle, is the lid sturdy, etc... I am currently looking for a single axle trailer for moose season due to the fact that the double axle pac rat trailer I have is to big and hard to get back into where we moose hunt. Im not against getting another pac rat (single axle), Im just looking to try something else. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated..

Hey there joebut1985; Check this guy out in Wasilla, he is first rate, top to bottom. -[www.wildcatatvtrailers.com]-

Attachment 79413
    [ Retired and Living the "Dream" in Alaska, Semper-Fi ]

Sent ya a pm....

I wouldn't pull a single axle trailer except down the road. Off road they hop from bump to bump.

How fast are you traveling??? We have been using the same setup for over 10 years. Until last year the machine I pulled my trailer with was a Foreman 450. A third wheel went with us one year with a double axle walking beam trailer and he consistently was hung up....I gave it a go with my machine with locker/gear reduction/more aggressive tires and was personally less than impressed. The extra drag and weight was a hold back on every uphill turn, but then again its a 2 day travel with no trail and quite rough all the way.
    Never experienced my trailer hopping from bump to bump but I'm not breaking any speed records nor do I want to. My 6by may pull a double/walking beam setup back in there easier but I have no desires to try. Everybody likes there own setup me included but as for the double axle deal....I dont get it.

Beautiful outfit ! Congrats.

QUOTE=aknome;1407308]I wouldn't pull a single axle trailer except down the road. Off road they hop from bump to bump.[/QUOTE]

You using a torsion axle or just the spindles, solid axle & wheels??

Love mine
    Beat the crap out of it, no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joebut1985 View Post
    The problem with the Greer type trailer is not the single axle. You have a soft material (plastic) bolted to a hard steel frame. Same goes for fiberglass.
    Once the soft material starts wearing around the hard bolts and frame, it is just a matter of time before some failure occurs. On the positive side with the Greer, you can purchase another Rubbermaid tub and bolt it on. Get the 25" tires...

The key to a walking beam set up is to make it with a lift. I have pulled a pac rat all over the place in some nasty stuf and the trailer was never holding me back.
    I personally wouldn't own anything else. Not saying the single axle is bad, just the walking beam is better and especially in soft terrain where you need flotation. The flotation is a double edge sword with the Pac rat though. Great on mud and swamp and a pain crossing moving water.
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    The key to a walking beam set up is to make it with a lift. I have pulled a pac rat all over the place in some nasty stuf and the trailer was never holding me back.
    I personally wouldn't own anything else. Not saying the single axle is bad, just the walking beam is better and especially in soft terrain where you need flotation. The flotation is a double edge sword with the Pac rat though. Great on mud and swamp and a pain crossing moving water.
    A definite second vote on the Pac Rat. Never been hung up because of the trailer. Not even with it loaded with a moose and camp gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.