Thread: Any Recommendations For Last Minute Halibut Charters out of Homer??

Default Any Recommendations For Last Minute Halibut Charters out of Homer??

I know from searching and reading the forum that Halibut charters out of Homer are booked pretty far in advance. So do you guys have any recommendations on finding a boat with some availability for 1 day trip for 2 people anytime in the 7/29/14 - 8/3/14 window???

Is there a broker or clearing house type thing set up where I can search for openings on available boats? Wishful thinking probably, huh? Craigslist maybe?

As a last resort, is it ever advisable to just show up in Homer early one morning ready to go with cash in pocket and search for a boat with cancellations?

Does the same hold true for Seward?

Thanks in advance!

Contact the Homer chamber of commerce they can help you out.
    I wouldn't use any charter that relied on craigslist to fill seats.
    The chamber may know some good charters who have had a cancellation or something. Maybe one that's only half full looking for a couple of others to fill the boat.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Thanks very much! I went to the chamber of commerce website and saw that they have a "Fishing Excursions" webpage that shows limited availability of several charters out to 7/16. That's just what I was looking for. Sure hope we can book one!

There's room on our trip with brooks Alaskan adventures August 2, 3, and 4th. We have 3 guys and the boat holds 6. We were planning on halibut the first two days and salmon the last day, but we are flexible. Call them or message him on this forum.

Thanks everyone for your responses. We got a Halibut/Salmon date with Capt. Pete on the Julia Lynn and feel very fortunate to have done so. We are very excited for our first Alaska fishing adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by jim.mullen View Post
    Thanks everyone for your responses. We got a Halibut/Salmon date with Capt. Pete on the Julia Lynn and feel very fortunate to have done so. We are very excited for our first Alaska fishing adventure!
    You scored getting on with Capt. Pete. Any charter would have likely been fine given the late date, but you got in with one of the best in Homer. Enjoy, and post a report when you're back!