Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ADFG... Unbelievable!

Default ADFG... Unbelievable!

WTH is up with ADFG?

Our records indicate we have not received your harvest report for black bear. This could be because you are still actively hunting black bear, you report may have been for a different hunt, another species, or simply lost in the mail.

...... OR it is ONLY JULY 2 and my harvest permit expired less than 48 hours ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God forbid ADFG releases the draw permit results as promised, but they sure hell want you my harvest permit info right FINGNOW!

Unbelievable.

Yeah, I got two of those cards today as well (one for me and one for the wife), not 30 minutes after I sent in my report online. I appreciate the need for harvest data, but it seems a waste of limited funds to be sending them out so soon.

Last fall I forgot to send in my fishing report in a timely manner and they proceeded to send me two more full packets with all of the pamphlets and everything. A simple reminder card, email or whatever would have been just fine. Then, should I have actually lost the report or it was lost in the mail, I could request another form or submit it online maybe. Even if everything is pre-printed and that money is already spent, the postage alone has to add up for however many thousands of these they send out every year.

Hilarious.. I got a handful today as well and thought the same thing. Must be a gubmint program that you have if you don't waste enough money this year you won't get as much next year

It is true the state fiscal year begins July 01.

If you were a biologist wouldn't you want to summarize the season's harvest ASAP? People appreciated a reminder posted here on the forum just a day or two ago.

fish and game managers contacting you directly is as open as government gets man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andweav View Post
    It is true the state fiscal year begins July 01.

If you were a biologist wouldn't you want to summarize the season's harvest ASAP? People appreciated a reminder posted here on the forum just a day or two ago.

fish and game managers contacting you directly is as open as government gets man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At least give it a week before sending out... these must have been printed and sent July 1 at the very earliest; not enough time for the mail to arrive with completed harvest reports. The money spent sending these cards out could have been much better spent elsewhere in the department.... remember this next time the agency whines about not having enough funds to do something.

I just got mine a few minutes ago, too... and I was pretty flabbergasted.

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    At least give it a week before sending out... these must have been printed and sent July 1 at the very earliest; not enough time for the mail to arrive with completed harvest reports. The money spent sending these cards out could have been much better spent elsewhere in the department.... remember this next time the agency whines about not having enough funds to do something.
    Exactly. Printed on the harvest report is a 15 day requirement for reporting add another 14-15 days for "lost in the mail", then reminder by mail makes sense. I wonder if there was a "memo" that indicated they be mailed 7/30/14 and an intern was "confused" by that and dropped them in the mail? HAHA, who am I kidding, that WOULD make sense!

I appreciate the fact they send a reminder. I just did my report on line, but I hadn't received a reminder yet. Try not to look too much into it.

Tagged a bear in the last week. Now have to file a report and then have it sealed by the end of the month. No worries as the bear tastes great aNd have infinity plus four more tags now.

Well I was thankfull anyway.

I filled out my report yesterday morning before coming home to the card. It may have saved a few bucks to wait a week and repopulate the distribution list but I thought the effort and reminder showed incredibly good will. They are providing some outreach to help educate and save people the hassle and penalty of enforcement. I wish this thread hadn't riled me up enough to post but for crying out loud, let's point out the good work and intentions of good people instead of blasting everything with a "government" label.
    Go Big Red!

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    I filled out my report yesterday morning before coming home to the card. It may have saved a few bucks to wait a week and repopulate the distribution list but I thought the effort and reminder showed incredibly good will. They are providing some outreach to help educate and save people the hassle and penalty of enforcement. I wish this thread hadn't riled me up enough to post but for crying out loud, let's point out the good work and intentions of good people instead of blasting everything with a "government" label.
    Awww, such nice sentiment. I don't think reminding grown adults to do something they're required to do before they've been given a chance to do it is an essential function of government.

Well I have received similar notes in the mail and email for reports that I had turned in before. I also got one asking for the measurements on my sheep that was sealed (they lost them).

I know they're trying, but their work quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Yeah, I got two of those cards today as well (one for me and one for the wife), not 30 minutes after I sent in my report online. I appreciate the need for harvest data, but it seems a waste of limited funds to be sending them out so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    For the reason, Brian, stated above. Funds are a annual issue, and excuse, from an agency that struggles to get things right day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    Awww, such nice sentiment. I don't think reminding grown adults to do something they're required to do before they've been given a chance to do it is an essential function of government.
    Yes. The harvest/draw/registration/personal use report/permit all state on them in writing what is required and when it is due, just as knowing the regulations is the responsibility of the participant, so is knowing the reporting conditions. Additionally, many of us have MANY years practice at filling out and submitting such reports. It makes perfect sense to let the required time period to pass and a week or two more, before sending out a by mail reminder for fiscal aspects alone.

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    . Additionally, many of us have MANY years practice at filling out and submitting such reports. It makes perfect sense to let the required time period to pass and a week or two more, before sending out a by mail reminder for fiscal aspects alone.
    What about all the new guys, that don't have MANY years of practice? Has anyone called F&G and asked why so many early reminders were sent? It does seem like a waste of funds, but I'd withhold judgment and disparaging remarks until I heard the other side of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    What about all the new guys, that don't have MANY years of practice? Has anyone called F&G and asked why so many early reminders were sent? It does seem like a waste of funds, but I'd withhold judgment and disparaging remarks until I heard the other side of the story.
    For the simple fact that if time were allowed to pass, then a large percentage of names would be stricken from the mailing list, that equals money saved, and do not forget that there will be an email reminder sent as well if it has not been sent already (I have not checked mine yet this AM) which will further reduce the postage expense. It is simple, really.

As far as hearing the other side of the story, I am skeptical of the possibility and the reasoning.

1 I do believe they want to collect their data which is good, but they are not just helping YOU avoid penalties. 2- They have my email address 3- Could put all mine and all my son's on 1 card each at the very least. Kinda like extending the draw deadline one more day because of high volume in the final hours. If you waited until dec 16th at 4:30 pm to apply for a draw and don't get in you don't deserve to take a tag from some one who handled their business early

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

What's really unbelievable is how far people will go just to find something to ***** about!!!

Complain because ADFG does too little....complain because they do too much.....complain because they are inefficient.....complain because they are too efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    What's really unbelievable is how far people will go just to find something to ***** about!!!

Complain because ADFG does too little....complain because they do too much.....complain because they are inefficient.....complain because they are too efficient.
    I did not have to go anyplace, it came to me.

Pot calling the kettle black!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast