Thread: Pioneer Outfitters plane fire

Default Pioneer Outfitters plane fire

http://pioneeroutfitters.com/fire-stand4themaninblack/

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/s...an-in-black-ii

Makes you think about the ways people go about things. Taking precautions. Double checking equipment. Increasing the insurance and reviewing the coverage.

I hope that when I screw up, folks don't second guess my decisions and talk about how they'd do it different but it's the nature of the business. We always do.
    Anyone know this guy?

This reply might seem harsh but it is the way I feel. I hate to see anyone lose a plane but it happens and that is why most outfitters insure their planes. I have heard many people say that insurance is so high that if I pay insurance for 10 years I will have as much in insurance as the plane is worth. That is a good point so save the money and when something happens you will have the money to replace the plane. Don't save all that money by not paying insurance for years then when something happens ask other people to buy you an airplane. Someone who has used an airplane for years in an outfitting business should have made enough money to buy another airplane. I also have a hard time believing that cub is worth 250k. If every cub that burned up could bring in 250k in donations I bet we would see a lot more cubs burning up.

I, too, don't wish to appear harsh. On the other hand, I cannot imagine anyone in the outfitting/flying end of things to be less than WELL insured, and with a liability umbrella to boot . . . . .

This appears to be a rather strange operation...if this is the bunch that used to hunt the Brooks with horses....they are...

What is up with the man in black stuff? Are we living in a fantasy western movie?

My first impression is an inappropriate plea for donations.

Taking horses into a remote location and then complaining about how expensive it is to fly feed in. Better get good at gold mining maybe....

My first impression is an inappropriate plea for donations.
    ......Two mike clicks........
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Weird stuff.

Whats this all about, anyway,,,, it looks as though he's asking folks to buy him a "New" Plane,- And this "Stand with the Man in Black" I thought that was "Johnny Cashes Motto" the Man in Black thing,,, like Mike h said, pretty Weird, I can't believe that they are actually making, or trying to make this happen, somebody said that this Gal that's writing this "Blog" is his wife, or he is the father of her children, I'm not sure which, maybe both,,,, but she makes it sound like she just works for him,,,,, well I guess they just figured, what the hell, Run-it-up-pole,,,, and see whats what.
    [ Retired and Living the "Dream" in Alaska, Semper-Fi ]

You are probably right.
    The local post office receives general delivery boxes of food for a certain local family ( very extended and well to do family ) who lie on TV about their situation as part of some BS TV show. It seems they like to pretend to be starving and some idiots believe it...So I am sure somebody will send in donations if you claim a community relies on your lone Super Cub to feed the village. ..

I should start a blog for a new hot water heater in my house.... Maybe we could make a video... or maybe a new greenhouse fund so I could feed my neighbors during the long cold winter....
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    You are probably right.
    The local post office receives general delivery boxes of food for a certain local family ( very extended and well to do family ) who lie on TV about their situation as part of some BS TV show. It seems they like to pretend to be starving and some idiots believe it...So I am sure somebody will send in donations if you claim a community relies on your lone Super Cub to feed the village. ..

I should start a blog for a new hot water heater in my house.... Maybe we could make a video... or maybe a new greenhouse fund so I could feed my neighbors during the long cold winter....

FP;,,,, Your absolutely correct, and if "Jewell" wasn't "Jewell" , well,,,, they probably wouldn't be getting any traction, with respect to that BS-TV Show, I guess in this 21st century, anything and everything is fair-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post

This guy started a kickstarter fundraiser to make a bowl of potato salad and he's up to $57,000:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...9/potato-salad

Guys, I am in need of a new super cub. I havent owned one yet but I should have one so I can live the Alaska dream. Those are spendy toys and its not fair that I don't have one. With out it I won't be able to catch fish and hunt moose in areas I want to for my own satisfaction. Could you all please spare a donation for me? Never mind that I dont save money for it or plan accordingly for emergency fantasys that may arise. With out your donations my wife will have to deal with a less then super estatic husband and thats just not cool. Float Pilot, could you donate lessons too?

Seriously, I have no sympathy for a person who doesn't protect his own butt but wants a hand out from others. The poor me story bothered me. If I was so dependant on that little plane, I would of insured the heck out of it. It also screams "pathetic" when the value of that bird was mentioned at $250k. Wow! If he can afford a $250k cub then he should be able to afford paying someone smart enough to insure there plane to haul his horse feed
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Maybe she should have just asked for money for making a Potato salad.
    She is up to $765 when I checked.
    I guess we all could ask for money every time we are in need. My boat needed a new motor and I ended up paying for it myself out of pocket.
    Would have been nice to have random strangers send me money for the repairs.
    Had I done so it would have felt as though I was taking advantage of those people.
    And WOW a $250,000 Super cub. A guy I know sold a really nice one with all the options for ~half of that just a year or two ago.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Maybe she should have just asked for money for making a Potato salad.
    She is up to $765 when I checked.
    I guess we all could ask for money every time we are in need. My boat needed a new motor and I ended up paying for it myself out of pocket.
    Would have been nice to have random strangers send me money for the repairs.
    Had I done so it would have felt as though I was taking advantage of those people.
    And WOW a $250,000 Super cub. A guy I know sold a really nice one with all the options for ~half of that just a year or two ago.
    You actually paid for the motor yourself? That is ridiculous!!! I bet this lady could get more money if she just advertises nude photos and not mention the Cub. I know, I know, what about morals... Least your getting something for your money and someone is doing something to earn it. (not that I want to see them)(But if ya have any....) Sorry, it's late
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Quote Originally Posted by mike h View Post
    This guy started a kickstarter fundraiser to make a bowl of potato salad and he's up to $57,000:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...9/potato-salad

Hey there mike h;,,,,, it looks as though, all of that $$$$ are just "Pledges" good luck when it comes time for collection. But then again,,,, nothing surprises me anymore.