Thread: Reds in Russian For Opener Monday?

Default Reds in Russian For Opener Monday?

Has anyone scouted out the Russian latley to see if any reds have started to move in for the Monday opener? I usually start seeing a few them in there the first week of June but haven't been able to get down there to scout. Kind of a late cold Spring so I was wondering if they are going to be a little later this year... How about the Upper Kenai? Any reds spotted in there in the past few days?

Default 3rd hand info

I heard from the friend of a friend that reds had been spotted in the RR as of this a.m. I'll be camping there Wednesday night, so I hope it's true.

Aberdeen WA

The recent spike in Kenai king counts may well be a reflection of a bolus of reds moving into the system. Wouldn't be surprised to see good numbers of reds at the Russian for the opener.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone."
    The KeenEye MD

Default Kings or reds?

The same thing happened last year... we got 1700 king in one day in June! Finally, F&G admitted the possibility of counting a couple of reds who are fishing in tandem as a king. The interesting thing, last year with the big day, the fishing was only average!

So, stay tuned...

Anchorage, Alaska, United States

I will be there sunday night for the Mid night opener!!!!!!!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default MAN! I miss my...

SUICIDE RUNS!!!! Had a good ole' hockey buddy of mine introduce me to the RR Back in '02 & ever since we'd have "contests" to see who could limit out the first, & I would alway's whoop up on the poor dude...

Do they still have the "no fishing at night" and "no tent camping" regulations?