Thread: New optimax power head

Default New optimax power head

So bought a 07 extreme shallow 2175 took it out once air compressor took a **** replaced it now the all the cylinders are weak and needs a new power head quote was for $9000 anyone know if this seems about the right price?

yes that sounds about right. we ( The Boat Shop) have a new power head in stock for $8500 + $1000 for install.

Can anybody tell me if the new powerhead comes with new reeds or would the mechanic use the ones out of the old powerhead? Thanx...
    Quote Originally Posted by EXTREME DUTY View Post
    yes that sounds about right. we ( The Boat Shop) have a new power head in stock for $8500 + $1000 for install.
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Wait a second... the with the Optimax and Tohatsu TLDI motors you have to measure the compression with the key switch on as if it were running, otherwise you will get low compression... so don't be fooled into getting a new powerhead just yet. I know because I had one (and I had the service manual). When my air compressor pump went out (under warranty) the local shop also tried to hoodwink me into a new powerhead (not under warranty).

Oh darn I see this post was from last July (2014)... to bad!

Sobie2