Thread: Looking for kenai commercial opener info

Default Looking for kenai commercial opener info

Not that it would change my plans anyway, but I'm curious where just a dipnetter like myself can find the info on when the commercial openings are. I heard something about a huge, longer than usual opener for the commercial guys which sounded like total bs to me and the source was a bartender who heard, so. Still I'm curious just for my own info when the official openings are and where a layman finds that info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    Not that it would change my plans anyway, but I'm curious where just a dipnetter like myself can find the info on when the commercial openings are. I heard something about a huge, longer than usual opener for the commercial guys which sounded like total bs to me and the source was a bartender who heard, so. Still I'm curious just for my own info when the official openings are and where a layman finds that info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Several years back I signed up on ADFGs website for EO emails, I get several of those each year for both commercial and sport fish EOs. There are definitely more commercial ones!

Assuming your talking Kenai/Kasilof, they have normal openings, which I can't remember the dates for right off the bat, and then they get EO time when ADFG thinks there is a big slug of reds for them to hit. So between the normal days and the EO emails you can tell pretty well when they will be out and about.

Alaska Outdoor Journal has a pretty good write up on the commfishing on his site too.