Thread: Delta Clearwater BOAT RENTAL??

Default Delta Clearwater BOAT RENTAL??

Hoping to float the delta clearwater for a day on our annual grayling trip. Does anybody know of a place to rent a canoe or raft in that area? What about a shuttle? Or is it close enough to jog back? Also, I have very little experience with canoes on moving water. Is the section of the Tanana that you must float to get to clearwater lake intimidating at all? Is it easy to miss the turn off up to the lake? Any advice on all of this would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mbrenna View Post
    Hoping to float the delta clearwater for a day on our annual grayling trip. Does anybody know of a place to rent a canoe or raft in that area? What about a shuttle? Or is it close enough to jog back? Also, I have very little experience with canoes on moving water. Is the section of the Tanana that you must float to get to clearwater lake intimidating at all? Is it easy to miss the turn off up to the lake? Any advice on all of this would be very appreciated. Thanks!
    Not to be an arse, but if this is an ANNUAL float trip, you should know the answers to many of your questons. There is no boat rental down there that I am aware of. You could rent a raft from say Independant Retals here in Fairbanks, and take it down there. There are also a couple other rental places here in Fairbanks for canoes and rafts.
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans