Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biscuits and gravy mountain house

Default Biscuits and gravy mountain house

OK I just got my new hunt Alaska magazine and in it is an advertisement for mountain house saying there is a new one out, Biscuits and gravy... Anyone tried it? I love biscuits and gravy so if it's at least decent I'd be very happy... Now if they would just make edible underwear that taste like biscuits and gravy, I'd be gaining weight

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Now if they would just make edible underwear that taste like biscuits and gravy, I'd be gaining weight
    Admitting you need help is the first step toward recovery...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Default Biscuits and gravy mountain house

Not too big of fan of Mountain House but I sure love biscuits n' gravy. Do you mean under-britches, Tony? Nice quote,sir!

Let me know if you find them. I'd be interested in trying as well....the mountain house that is, not too sure about the eddible undies.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I bought some for our overnight camping trip tonight. We will be eating them for breakfast tomorrow morning. I will let you know what I think about them.

AK Chappy

Quote Originally Posted by AK_Chappy View Post
    I bought some for our overnight camping trip tonight. We will be eating them for breakfast tomorrow morning. I will let you know what I think about them.

AK Chappy
    Looking forward to your review.. I hope it's better than the eggs

Best to try these things at home before a sheep hunt. That way you can decide if your going to need additional sheep hunting supplies like toilet paper.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by AK_Chappy View Post
    I bought some for our overnight camping trip tonight. We will be eating them for breakfast tomorrow morning.
    You mean the Mt. House or the edible underwear...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Whats the difference between using mountain house or white gravy powder mix and Bisquick to make Drop Biscuits other than the price?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Whats the difference between using mountain house or white gravy powder mix and Bisquick to make Drop Biscuits other than the price?
    I suppose the convenience of just adding boiling water would be a draw. Although you've got me thinking about having some bisuits and gravy made in advance for this fall's float trip. If you wanted to go the dehydrated route you could try that old evil standby, TVP, to the white gravy powder.

FWIW, I have been playing around with a homemade dehydrated biscuits and gravy meal. Pretty simple really, just get some of those "mini" biscuits or make your own. I like the flakey ones because you can pull them apart to make them thinner. Once the biscuits are cooked, I continue to bake them at the lowest heat possible or you could pop them in a dehydrator (I just haven't done this yet) and try to get most of the moisture out. While it is tough to dehydrate your own sausage due to all the fat and grease, you can do beef or turkey and then add some spices to make it taste more like sausage. Finally just get a pack of gravy mix that only requires water. In the field, add boiling water to the gravy mix and meat if you have some and let it re-hydrate for a bit. Then add the biscuits to absorb any extra moisture. It pretty much turns into a B&G mush ball but it can be pretty tasty. My next plan is to only partially dry the biscuits and the pour the gravy over them but that would requrie me to carry a plate or bowl of some sort. The only caveat here is the biscuits may not last forever if not fully dry but if you do this right before a trip, they should last quite a while sealed up in baggies.

Tony, I got some a while back and took them to Kodiak this spring bear hunting. Found them to be very good. Being a country boy raised in the Midwest, I am picky about my B & G. Randy

I tried the MH B&G this spring while out black bear hunting. I wasn't expecting too much for taste but was pleasantly surprised. 1,000 times better than the eggs. Unlike the other MH breakfasts they come in the larger two serving package. They are very filling, which is great for when you're out hunting and burning a lot of calories. I'll be taking some sheep hunting this year.

I to have had the biscuits and gravy. I liked it it seemed pretty good to me and I will be getting it again.

Found the biscuits and gravy at Fred Meyers and picked up a bag just tried it out and it's actually pretty good. Felt a little wrong to be eating mountain house in the kitchen but for hunt planning it needed to be done

Can't go into field with untested mountain house!
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I'll be taking it to the field now that it's been tested and approved

All good to hear because B&G is one of the power-foods-of-the-gods. Mankind would be a lot worse off without B&G in the receipe box.

Just ordered 6. Can't wait to try them, has to be way better than the eggs w/bacon. The blue berry oatmeal cereal is good but it's nice to have a warm breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaniks View Post
    The blue berry oatmeal cereal is good but it's nice to have a warm breakfast.
    as far as weight to calories ratio the granola is the bomb...
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast