Thread: Rl 33

Default Rl 33

I have a 30-378 that I would like to try with RL 33 but am unable to find any guidelines on the internet for starting loads. I called Alliant but they had no suggestions? Has anyone had experience with this powder/caliber? Thanks in advance.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Fill to the top of the case and level off with a blade. JK. I would like to find some 33 to try in my 338Norma. It's like finding hens teeth.
    Henry Bowman for President

Last week Boondock's in Eagle River had several pounds of hen's teeth on the shelf .... currently? Might be worth a call. Good Luck.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Thanks for the headsup. As far as recipes go have you tried snipershide. I think the people who actually came up with it are on there. Someone on there should know.
    Henry Bowman for President

Reloader 33 is my powder in my 338 Lapua with 250 MK........very good!
    Alaska

I'll let you know how it works in the .300 RUM and .338 A2, but it will take about six weeks. It's on the way.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

FYI......The new 3 bears @ the North birchwood exit had about 5lbs of RL33 on the shelf today.......your welcome!!

I tried RL 33 in my 338-378 yesterday with 300 gr SMKs. I started at 110 gr and worked my way up 1 gr at a time to 118.0 gr. I started with 2766 at 110.0 gr with 116.0 gr I hit 3006 and 2961 and no pressure signs, 117.0 gave me 3013 and 2997. Ended up with 118.0 and hit 3047 and 3027. If can find a load that gives me accuracy and a good es at somewhere around 3000 fps without being too temperature sensitive I'll be happy.