Thread: Dramatic changes in camping at Kasilof

Default Dramatic changes in camping at Kasilof

I'm surprised no one mentioned this in one of the other threads yet, but the camping situation on the North Shore of Kasilof has changed dramatically. They (whoever "they" are) have fenced off the bulk of the camping area above the beach and made it walk
    -in access only. There is no vehicle traffic at all in there now, so the only place for your RV, pick up, or car camping is from just before you get to the port a potties out toward the highway. Pretty limited. In effect, they have closed of what appears to be at least a football sized field to vehicles-everything from those huge, cement marker-balk things toward the beach.

Restrict access. Build elaborate parking and camping area that cost you more money. Increase regulation and decrease what you get for your money. Sounds like population growth. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt-Hunter View Post
    Restrict access. Build elaborate parking and camping area that cost you more money. Increase regulation and decrease what you get for your money. Sounds like population growth. Can't wait.

Yeahhhhh, that thought crossed my mind. I will add, and should have added in the original post (my apologizes to everyone), that the stated reasoning, according to the posted signage, was sand dune protection.

In regards to your comment, however, if "increased regulation" runs off the pot smokers, I'll go along with it.

Same ole sand dunes that have been around for years. More people, more regulation. Not saying it isn't a must; just hate that we must.

If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.