Thread: Have boat...will travel

Default Have boat...will travel

I have a 20' Hewes craft sport jet and a 27' motorhome. I'm all ready to go fishing but don't really have any fishing buds.

I live in Fairbanks but I love fishing in Valdez Seward homer and just about any place I can get into ( no sideboards for tractor launch). I'm looking for someone that has a bit of knowledge about where to fish. I am looking for someone that loves to fish...knows how to fish....knows lots of places to catch halibut rock fish cod salmon...but no freakin' skates! I have the boat and the gear just don't have anyone to go with or know where to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What are ya...a fisherman...or a catcherman?

I would be interested in maybe teaming up, I want to try Valdez for Silvers around EOM Aug or the 1st week of September. I know where to fish Valdez for Halibut, Ling and Rock Fish. I have my own boat and RV as well.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I used to have that exact same boat. But mine was the carbeurated 210 sport jet. I went all over with that boat. Bumpy on rough seas and it didn't get very good gas mileage. But we went as far as we could!!!! Have fun!!!! There's plenty of places to catch some fish in homer closer in for sure. Pm me if ya want.

I had the same boat before too. Actually bought it from a guy in North Pole. Great boat. Probably the best all around boat made if there is such a thing. Seward would be your best best unless you want to make the drive to Homer. No secret spots in Homer needed. Just leave the harbor and fish. Good luck and have fun.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Lived on my 32ft Bayliner out of Homer for 6 summers. Sold it 2 years ago but still come up 2-3 times per year to fish. Have extensive knowledge of Homer waters and may be interested in sharing fuel expenses & fishing w/you. Your boat is rather small and limited to short runs and fair weather but still capable of slamming any species your after other than ling cod which usually involve going to the Barens. Too far for such a small boat. Contact me via email: gr8lyf@centric.net so we can exchange contact info and explore options. THX

If u go during the week I have gas money... Off tue-fri... Live in wasilla...

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    I would be interested in maybe teaming up, I want to try Valdez for Silvers around EOM Aug or the 1st week of September. I know where to fish Valdez for Halibut, Ling and Rock Fish. I have my own boat and RV as well.
    Great stid2677! I fish Valdez for silver Labor Day weekend every year.

thanks.....I have done just that... Went over to one of the coves and anchored behind an island and snatched a couple of nice 40lb halibut in 65ft of water.

I am visiting Valdez labour day weekend as well with a buddy. Arriving on 28th of Aug to Sept 1, we can help with gas if interested and look for some butts and silvers (we are planning on fishing Allison Pt that weekend)

akfisherman-

Clear your email!

Quote Originally Posted by pk_in_ak View Post
    akfisherman-

Clear your email!
    Sorry Mr Pete.... try hitting me again

akfisherman Definitely interested in repeating our success from last year in Valdez during Labor day (and sooner if you like). Also going to be in Seward with my parents July 23rd - 26th and my Dad wants to meet you based on all the stories from last years Silver take-down. Also if you want to do a shorter run I have never had a great chance to slay those monster grayling in Delta CW. Anyways being two teachers we have all summer off so hit me up whenever and we can head out.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger33 View Post
    akfisherman Definitely interested in repeating our success from last year in Valdez during Labor day (and sooner if you like). Also going to be in Seward with my parents July 23rd - 26th and my Dad wants to meet you based on all the stories from last years Silver take-down. Also if you want to do a shorter run I have never had a great chance to slay those monster grayling in Delta CW. Anyways being two teachers we have all summer off so hit me up whenever and we can head out.
    Jaeger33....did you tell your dad that I showed you how real men put fish on the deck...without no stinkin' net? Rip 'em right out of the water and on to the deck before the even know their caught!

Rylan and I are headed to Valdez this week to do a little fishing. We thought about going down on the peninsula but didn't have anyone to go with so we decided to just go to Valdez.

Seward sounds good. Finding a place to camp is the hard part there sometimes. I used to fish the derby there with my dad every year. Wouldn't mind getting back down that way.

Check your messages if sent you my number just in case you lost it.

Randy