Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using a Wigglefin Swarm

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    Buy the straig cut plug and I use 5/6 mooching rig, and by pass the hole on the stern of the rig, that way you can pull you sliding hooks up tight to the rig, which I really find effective.
    Great tip! Thanks.

I tried running a small wiggle fin inline with a swarm action disk behind a diver on my center line. Worked awesome. Action disk gives action like a superkick flasher, to herring but more random. Very little drag, was easy to use as a flasher. Caught lots of silvers!

Where are you getting these? I want to try them in Valdez for silvers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What are ya...a fisherman...or a catcherman?

I cant catch a silver to save my life in PWS, however the swarm/brads cut plug combo got another PWS king salmon yesterday!
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by akfisherman View Post
    Where are you getting these? I want to try them in Valdez for silvers
    Here ya go.

Call me a sucker, 3 large sized setup on order, with blades in pearl, chartruse, and green.

Sobie2

Quote Originally Posted by Sobie2 View Post
    ...pearl, chartruse, and green.
    On sunny days and especially shallow, that's sure been the best color for me, or pearl/gold/green. Overcast or deeper than 60', it's silver/white or silver/white/black.

Tklingit warrior, how long of leader are you running on the Brad's? I wanna give the standard and the mini a try. I'm guessing 2' then to a flasher. Just looking for a ballpark so I can pre tie a couple before I hit the water.

About two foot. Yesterday three silvers all caught using the swarm as dummy with brads on the line. Downrigger at 65. Other downrigger had no swarm and brads behind a traditional flasher at 55 feet. Only reason i only fish one swarm is i lost the setup last weekend when rigger ball got caught on some rocks.

Thanks Tlingit warrior, I'll be experimenting with Brads this week!

Another benefit of Brads is that humpies don't seem too interested in them...
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Huh....

I wonder what's going on, because in our waters I have to quit the Brads when the humpies arrive cuzz they simply won't leave them alone.

One thing I've found, using a big flasher really seems to cut down on the humpies, no matter what you tie behind them. Gotta use metal flashers rather than plastics any time you get up near the surface unless you keep the lines behind the wire pretty short. Yet I know folks on other waters that have to quit using flashers, they draw the humpies so well. Go figger.

No one ever said fish make sense!!!!

My experience same as brownbear. Pinksters love the brads. Drop em deep and fast to get through em.

Interesting, I really did notice fewer pinks the times I've used them...but that's comparing it to whole herring (both behind flashers). I might have to do some more side-by sides to see if it was maybe just a fantasy or wishful thinking...
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by MRFISH View Post
    I might have to do some more side-by sides to see if it was maybe just a fantasy or wishful thinking...
    Or maybe Saturday rather than Sunday!

Side-by-sides are good any time the fishing isn't turning out like you expected. Things out there are changing all the time, and if a guy gets stuck in a rut he's likely to find himself wishing for fish while others around him are punching limits. A bud of mine HATES using flashers, and won't use them on his boat even if I'm smoking fish beside him. But of course, he never turns down the flashers when he's fishing on my boat! Easy to put gear on and take it off, so I don't know why guys get so fixated on only trying one way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12