Thread: Reputation

Default Reputation

I don't generally care about the reputation feature, although, on occasion I want to acknowledge something excellent.

The problem is that most of the excellence tends to come from radiate from the same sources, so I keep getting the "You Must Spread Reputation Around" BS. So now guys are going to the trouble of crafting a reply to accomplish what the rep button won't let them.

Either kill the feature entirely, or remove the cuffs and accept that there are only a few gold nuggets amongst all that overburden.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    I don't generally care about the reputation feature, although, on occasion I want to acknowledge something excellent.

The problem is that most of the excellence tends to come from radiate from the same sources, so I keep getting the "You Must Spread Reputation Around" BS. So now guys are going to the trouble of crafting a reply to accomplish what the rep button won't let them.

Either kill the feature entirely, or remove the cuffs and accept that there are only a few gold nuggets amongst all that overburden.
    I love/hate the reputation option. I am a member of another online forum that got rid of the reputation option and it made the forum better and worse.
    However you did bring up a valid complaint.

What is this "Reputation" you speak of?

Dunno about removing the filter entirely, but I do agree that I find myself muttering over having to wait to hit someone with rep, that I last hit 2 weeks prior.

Case in point: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Erik in AK again.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post

I understand what you are saying, but I'm pretty sure we know why the "limit" is there for a certain amount of time........right?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

The dootalk (snowmachine) forum I visit has a "like" button. Give us that, and throw in a dislike one too! }:>
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

I do have the triangle that says report post .I just noticed that I don't have that star lower left corner on my posts that says add user reputation.
    Remember, Mother nature has no forgiveness for stupidity.
    If you don't care where you are, your not lost