Heads Up for Those with Boats in Washington State
Heads up Washington State boaters! They are looking for new taxes...
2014 Legislation-Derelict Vessels was implemented on June 12, 2014.
On June 6, 2014 every private and public moorage which includes Marinas, boat houses, yacht clubs, harbors, docks, landings, resorts and ports in the State of Washington received a letter from the Department of Revenue. Effective July 1, 2014 each marina and yacht club which has long term moorage (defined as 30 days or more) is to gather and report the following to the department:
- The name and legal owner of the vessel
- Local Contact person for the vessel to include phone and physical address
- Owners phone number and address
- Vesselís HIN
- Vessel USCG numbers if applicable
- Vesselís home port
- The date on which the moorage began
- Vessels country or state registration and registration numbers
- Proof of vessel registration, a written statement of the moorage lesseeís intent to register the vessel, or exemption affidavit certifying that the vessel is except from state registration requirements.
A moorage provider is required to maintain these records for two years and upon request from Department of Revenue or the Department of Natural Resources or their agents the moorage provider must surrender such documents and if requested be provided access to the moorage for verification and inspection of said vessels
I am currently trying to get the letter scanned in a PDF document. If you want a copy PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.