Thread: Smith Lake - CIRI Land Use Permit

Default Smith Lake - CIRI Land Use Permit

I've been looking for some information on hunting in the Smith Lake area, which is one of the lakes that CIRI issues land use permits for hunting, and haven't been able to find anything. Has anyone hunted in this area?

Quote Originally Posted by aricb View Post
    I've been looking for some information on hunting in the Smith Lake area, which is one of the lakes that CIRI issues land use permits for hunting, and haven't been able to find anything. Has anyone hunted in this area?
    I hunted CIRI land before, double check but I believe they NO longer issue permits to NON shareholders.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

They still do, but it's by drawing only.

I would think twice about this area. I shot my sheep in my avatar there back in 2005. It was a good hunt so I took my brothers back with me a few years ago. What a disappointment. We covered a lot of ground and didn't see anything close to legal. I was very surprised at this as my first hunt was before CIRI went to a draw system to reduce pressure. It seemed like common sense that this would only improve an already good hunt. Dismall is all I can say. And no I am not sandbagging you so you won't go to "my" spot. I just don't want you to waste time and money unless you get some really good recent intel different from my experience. Good luck!

Used to guide there; but it has been a long time. Drew Valeska Lake a few years ago so might have some info if you can tell me how to contact you.

The best way to contact me will be by email aricbartlett@hotmail.com. Any information will be greatly appreciated!