Thread: Whittier Kings!!!!!

Default Whittier Kings!!!!!

My brother is coming up before he heads to basic training and so I'm taking him out of Whittier to do some fishing. Would like to get him on some kings but I've never fished them out there before so I was curious if anyone new of any places to try out by knight island. I can make 140 mile round trip with my boat but would be nice I didn't have to go that far. Thanks for the info in advance!!

Seward might be a more realistic option if you want to catch a king with a short run from the dock.
    BK

I think Homer will be your best bet for Kings, not saying you will not find a few in Seward.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

If you want Kings, Homer has it going hot this year and no sign of slowing down!!!!! We owe big thanks to BC,OR, and WA for the best King year ever! Out of 145 kings in the last month only 3 spawners on a friends boat.

There are kings to be had just outside the harbor. I talked with a fellow that caught 30+ kings trolling last season. It could be a fish story, but I do see several of the same boats trolling along the break water and around towards where the processors dump the scraps. If you are dead set on Whittier, this could be the ticket.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

They stocked 60k to 100k starting in 2010 I think. I think roughly 2% make it back. Could be wrong on that number.

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com
    My personal pages...I'm not a guide.