Thread: Guns guns guns

Default Guns guns guns

In my house we've got this deal going with our dad. If we get a 3.5 GPA or higher both semesters that he will buy us a gun. I averaged a 3.8 and am now in the market for a gun. Any ideas? 2000$ Or less. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    Any ideas? 2000$ Or less. Thanks.
    Ruger Red Label Shotgun.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Browning Citori?

Depends on what you are looking for.........over/under, pump, side by side, semi auto...??? I grew up shooting semi autos, so I'm pretty partial to them. If you are thinking along those lines, I've heard the new Remington Versa Max Sportsman is supposed to be pretty nice...... http://www.remington.com/products/fi...sportsman.aspx But for years the 1100 was the benchmark.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Does your dad want to adopt a "slightly older" son that will guarantee that he will always get 3.5 or better GPA?

Well right now I'm partial to benelli a super sport and supernova. I do like semi but it's super easy to burn that expensive stealshot.

Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    I do like semi but it's super easy to burn that expensive stealshot.
    Not if you're a good shot.......lol. Go with what you like. Even though I listed the Remington, I've always been a fan of Browning. In fact I'm still shooting my old B-80 that I bought before I moved to AK. 31 years ago.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I have a super Nova and really like that shotgun but if you are shooting a lot it will leave you with a sore shoulder. My favorite shotgun though is my Beretta extreme A400, that thing is awesome and shoots extremely well for me. I was able to put almost a case of 3 1/2" shells through it in 3 days of goose hunting and my shoulder felt fine. After only a box of 3 1/2 through my benelli and my eyes start to get blurry.
    The best advice I can give you on what shotgun to buy is go to the store or several stores and just handle each one, shoulder it and pick the one that just feels the best to you. You will find one or two that just "fit " and stand out from the rest. Most shotguns will come with stock adjustments to make it longer or shorter so if one feels great but is a little long or short ask if the salesman will change it for you, it's really simple to do. As far as shooting speed you can shoot a pump plenty fast enough to burn up expensive steel shot.
    If it was me I'd buy another a400 in a heartbeat. Good luck and good job on the grades

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I certainly love the price of the versa max and I'm sure my dad will. 😂 I've shot the original A400 at grouse ridge and it was a pretty nice gun. Didn't shoot at well as the cynergy I had before it but the recoil was pretty easy on the shoulder. I've always thought the Super Vinci was the sexiest gun on this plant. Anything to say about that? Or any of the other benelli semi's out there?

Auto shotguns these days are all made pretty well. In fact I think most of your name brand autos are phenominal. Beretta, Remington, Winchester, Benelli, They all shoot great, point well and go bang every time you pull the trigger. It's a matter of how they fit you. As Tony says, the best thing you can do is go to the store and handle each one. Another good idea is wear a big parka when you do, because if you're using it for waterfowling you've got to take into account that you're going to be wearing a thick coat.

I love my Benelli super black eagle, but if (and that is a big if) she ever stops working, or I just decide I'm up for a change, I'm gong to get the Beretta A400. I'd really look into that versa max too. The way they close off the port system by your shell length is a pretty slick idea. I'd just make sure the gun is camo, the brackish water and sediment around here is brutal to a blued gun.

As far as over unders go, just remember, you're missing out on that third bang.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I have the Benelli Super Black Eagle II and love it. Shoots great and easy on the shoulder even though its pretty light.

Thanks guys. Looks like I've got a trip to sportsmans in August.