Thread: Online Interactive Marine Charts????

Default Online Interactive Marine Charts????

I used to have a site that I could view marine charts and hover the cursor over a spot and see the GPS numbers for the location. I have been searching all morning and can't find it. Does anyone know of a site where I can view the chart and get the GPS numbers?

Thanks!

Google Earth
    BK

I looked on google earth but can't find how to get the marine charts overlayed.

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Google Earth
    BK

That would be sweet if you could get marine chart overlays on Google Earth, but don't think they've got that feature. The only on-line free charts I know off at the Booklet Charts by NOAA. Try this link.

http://ocsdata.ncd.noaa.gov/BookletC...kletCharts.htm
    TIGHT LINES...ALASKA!!
    2005 Trophy Pro 2359
    "Nut-N-Honey"

Default Sorry about that

Yukon,
    My apologies, Google gives you coordinates anywhere but not a marine chart overlay. I understand what you are trying to do and led you in the wrong direction.
    BK

Not a marine chart overlay but it does show bottom contours. Could be usable if you are trying to pin down a certain underwater hump or something....

http://alaskafisheries.noaa.gov/mapping/esa/

I use a slightly different online source ( http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineVie...werTable.shtml ), but it also doesn't give coordinates as you mouse-over or click on a spot. I used to have software installed (and the charts from CD-ROM's) from MapTech that would let you see lat/long.
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Got a smartphone? Navioncs app for $9.99 will show the same quality charts on your phone as what you see on a garmin gps. And will allow you to do what youre after. Will lay tracks and routes just like your garmin. For 10 bucks its cheap back up unit! And great to study should you be sitting around bored at work :-)

Quote Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
    Got a smartphone? Navioncs app for $9.99 will show the same quality charts on your phone as what you see on a garmin gps. And will allow you to do what youre after. Will lay tracks and routes just like your garmin. For 10 bucks its cheap back up unit! And great to study should you be sitting around bored at work :-)

Does it require cell service to operate correctly? I know that the mapping apps on my phone quit working right when I lose cell service even though I still have GPS signal.

Try this one, http://earthnc.com/online-nautical-charts, right click on a spot to get the coordinates.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Thanks, that is not the site I used before but it does exactly what I need it too! I actually looked at the one before but couldnt' figure out how to get the coordinates, your help is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyRaven View Post
    Try this one, http://earthnc.com/online-nautical-charts, right click on a spot to get the coordinates.

Time zero app

I put the Navonics app on my Nexus 7 tablet and it works great, the app is free, the maps are $50... The nexus has a GPS built in so it functions as my backup chartplotter on the boat and allows me to plan trips and such while sitting at work.

The only thing I don't like about the Navonics app, and its been mentioned multiple times before, is that it will not orient the maps to course up.. so the map will not rotate depending on your course like a chartplotter will, but for planning trips or looking at charts it works great. Also be sure to download all the maps you need before hitting the water.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

https://activecaptain.com/index.php\\\ Check out the interactive cruising guidebook. You'll have to register to get full access, but it is free and gives you charts as well as satellite. Lots of info available as well.

I use the Inavgps app. $50 but worth it.

If you need gps on a iPhone or pad, get the bad elf external gps that's connects with Bluetooth. I believe it's $100.
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity