Thread: Kodiak reg/deer

Default Kodiak reg/deer

I've been talking to the bio on the island a bit, but have a few questions for guys that have been on the south end. I will be heading down last week of oct/beggining of nov and would like to try to get a goat and shoot some deer. I've been on the island a few times, but only in draw areas working for a guy. Been thinking spiridon/zachar for goats but don't know any info in deer numbers in that area. Any info appreciated. I have open ears. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by hunt/trapak88 View Post
    I've been talking to the bio on the island a bit, but have a few questions for guys that have been on the south end. I will be heading down last week of oct/beggining of nov and would like to try to get a goat and shoot some deer. I've been on the island a few times, but only in draw areas working for a guy. Been thinking spiridon/zachar for goats but don't know any info in deer numbers in that area. Any info appreciated. I have open ears. Thanks again
    three buddies and I will be in Zachar at the same time for goats mainly and some deer. from what I know the deer are decent in that area but not quite like further south.

no one knows how the deer will be. if the grass is up and temps are up you won't see many deer, early fall or regular fall and deer will be moving. numbers of deer often times have little to do with how many deer you see. conditions are a much bigger player in my experience on the north half of the island anyway.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

last Nov... NO Snow.

had to work for the deer.

But I did get better quality bucks by hunting hard.

There will be deer there even in "low" years. it's the few years after low year, that you have less quality deer.

Good luck and let us know how you did,

Chris