Thread: Flying down the peninsula

Default Flying down the peninsula

I'm planning on taking a trip from Z41 to Aniakchak Crater over the 4th of July week-end. I will be flying a C-180 on 29in. Bush wheels. I'm hoping for any points of interest and or fishing opportunity along the way. Thanks

There are lots of weird mushroom shaped rocks in the tide line on the backside of the Inaskin pen. Tuxedeni bay is interesting as is Chisek island. And the active volcanoes enroute are interesting.

Why not just say Lake Hood strip instead of Z41?
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Have fun.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

[QUOTE=lvkara;1402018]I'm planning on taking a trip from Z41 to Aniakchak Crater over the 4th of July week-end. I will be flying a C-180 on 29in. Bush wheels. I'm hoping for any points of interest and or fishing opportunity along the way. Thanks[/QUOT

I'm VERY familiar with that neck of the woods. Operated a C-180 on standard 8.50x6.00 gear during the fishing seasons. PM me and I'll give you some EXCELLENT places, accessible with your C-180, near Aniakchak, Painter Creek, and the Pacific Side . . .

Float Pilot you only have so many key strokes in this life and Z41 saves me a few of those strokes.

I have sent an e-mail.
    thanks