Thread: Inboard engine repairs in Whittier

Default Inboard engine repairs in Whittier

What company provides this service for inboard diesels and are they reliable? I have had no luck so far finding a traveling diesel mechanic or someone in Whittier. This is a nontrailerable sailboat. There are a few nontrailerable boats in Whittier surely some mechanic bothers to go through the tunnel occasionally to work on smaller boats? thanks

It looks like A Mobile Mechanic which does car repair in Anchorage might do boat diesels. Has anyone used them on their boat before?

I don't have an answer for you, but perhaps the Harbormasters office might be able to point you in a few directions?
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Contact Potbuilder, I'll bet he knows somebody.
    775-1692

BK

Ok, that was actually helpful. Since other people might need mechanics in the future I'll post what I found out. Whittier harbor had two names but wasn't sure of what they would or could do. That was Long 242-7194 and Larry 360-5006 227-2004. But Steve the potbuilder was very helpful and gave me some advice on how to fix the problem and recommended Robert Geller at 350-9673.

I talked to Robert and am meeting him at boat later this week. Plus I remember him he towed my car from Girdwood last winter.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingagain View Post
    Ok, that was actually helpful. Since other people might need mechanics in the future I'll post what I found out. Whittier harbor had two names but wasn't sure of what they would or could do. That was Long 242-7194 and Larry 360-5006 227-2004. But Steve the potbuilder was very helpful and gave me some advice on how to fix the problem and recommended Robert Geller at 350-9673.

I talked to Robert and am meeting him at boat later this week. Plus I remember him he towed my car from Girdwood last winter.

Ed Long is a great guy and an awesome mechanic. He did a lot of work on my boat.