Thread: After-market heater for Sea Ark

Default After-market heater for Sea Ark

Has anyone installed an after market heater in a Sea Ark? Looking for a way to keep everyone warm without giving up the riverboat!

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Has anyone installed an after market heater in a Sea Ark? Looking for a way to keep everyone warm without giving up the riverboat!
    An Espar D-2 should do the trick.

Default Don't Laugh - but...

I'm dating myself now, but seriously, the best heater I've found is my 1980 vintage single burner Coleman stove for my 24' SeaArk. This link for eBay also shows the heat drum. With this, you'll be living the "High-Life"... But it's not safe for little kids being around. Dry heat though and keeps your windows dry if you install a fan.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw...Pot+Hndl+12-69

Besides this, the propane Buddy heater also works, but can fog your windows if it's really cold.

My Colman 502 has kept the chill off for two Koyukuk moose hunts for me plus 35 plus years of other stuff.

These are the cheaper options anyway...
    Tony

Thought about the Buddy heater but think there would probably be a problem with it staying lit over rough water. We are only using this for traveling purposes, no plans to sleep in the boat or anything like that

Default Espar

Espar would be my choice also. If your looking to save some $, check out the Snugger line. Same as Espar but about 1/2 the price.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Thought about the Buddy heater but think there would probably be a problem with it staying lit over rough water. We are only using this for traveling purposes, no plans to sleep in the boat or anything like that
    I like the buddy while at anchor, but you're right...its anti-tip shutoff is pretty sensitive and will trigger in even the slightest chop.
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Check out Compeaus they had a new compact heater set up with exhaust pipe for outboard boats ,at the outdoor show looked like a good set up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk