Thread: Alaska Rifle Club Summer Silstice fun Match. Friday June 20, 2104

Default Alaska Rifle Club Summer Silstice fun Match. Friday June 20, 2104

Want to shoot at a target 600 yards away, in the evening, on the longest day of the year? Here is an opportunity to give it a try. This is a 600 yd. prone match with unlimited sighters and 20 shots for record in thirty minutes. All shooters will be required to pull and mark targets and score. Bring what you got, shoot what you bring! Black powder cartridge rifles to the latest "Gee whiz" Tacticool iteration. Bipods, rests hunter pack rests muzzle brakes and suppressors are welcome. The match will be held at Pedneau Range on JBER. Sign up: 5pm(1700) to 6pm (1800) in the range parking lot. Cost is $15.00. We will start shooting at 6:30 pm.
    Directions: North on the Glenn, get off at the JBER/Arctic Valley exit, at the top of the ramp, turn RIGHT and then LEFT on the frontage road. Do NOT go through the Main Gate. Go about two miles and turn right on the Small Arms Range road, at the Y, turn right for Pedneau Range. It is the first range on the left and the parking lot is just beyond.
    Starting June 19, they will be paving a portion of the range road so you will have to follow the pilot car. Expect to wait as much as an hour, so plan accordingly.
    This is a FUN Match, Come and shoot! Don't forget rain gear and Bug Dope!

Questions--Post them here or call Mark Friest (907) 333-8199

Is the "Silstice" kinda like the Solstice?
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Hey Doug-That's what happens when you type with your thumbs. I just checked out my Barrett 98B. What a HAMMER! Bring your M2. Put a scope on it and shoot it like Hathcock.
    Craig

I won't be in Los Anchorage till the following week.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Sure hope to see you guys tonight. I'm bringing my Barrett 98B. The weather looks good. It should be fun!
    COME AND SHOOT!