We've been talking heavy issues here, friends! I want to see if we can talk about something a little lighter for a bit; sheep tactics! We've talked a lot about sheep hunting here, and I thought a new spin might be some of the little tricks you use. You know, little tips and shortcuts you do that make it a little easier, more effective, whatever. So how about it? Here's a few ideas to chew on.
1. Overwhites. Yes or no? Have you tried them? Did they work, or are the rams still running?
2. Reducing pack weight. Always a biggie.
3. Tarp or tent? Or bivy? We're talking primary shelter here.
4. Other gear stuff?
5. Hunting tactics. What works best in your area?
6. Glassing tricks.
7. Areas. Careful now, I may be researching for another book! (I'm not... uh... seriously....) Not asking for secrets here, but generally how have things been going in the major areas; Alaska Range, Chugach, Brooks, Wrangells, etc?
Well, this should be fun. One more rule: no knuckle sandwiches, noogies, swirlies, or other forms of abuse. I promise I'll behave myself. Lord knows, I could use a break!