Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Announcement

Default Announcement

I said I never would . . . but

Well folks it has been a good run here in Alaska and I have enjoyed every bit of it. My wife lost her job last July and has been unable to find another in Alaska. In April she sent resumes out to Arizona (where all my family is) and she quickly got job offers, one of which she accepted.

Now I must do something I swore I never would, move away from Alaska. The house is sold and I am finishing the last jobs from the shop to move it. I will re-open my business in Arizona doing the same things but Alaskan projects will need to be mailed, yea I know how much Alaskans love shipping.

I plan to stay a sponsor and remain active here on the forum . . . likely come to Alaska every summer. Iím very sad to be leavening this wonderful place I have lived so long.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Andy:
    Very sorry to see you leaving! You are a great gunsmith and a real pleasure to do business with. More than that- you are a good person and share knowledge with those who ask. I hope that your move goes smoothly and that you both prosper in AZ. Stay in touch and stay safe.
    Brian

Building guns in the shadow of Appalachia

Sorry to see you go just as I'm on my way up for a "scouting" trip. I was thinking about a trip down to your area (roughly) and was hoping to meet you.

Good luck with the move, and your new location!

Chris

Connected via SkyNet

Sorry to see you go. Best wishes on your relocation.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

There's good folk in Arizona too and that number just increased by a couple! Good luck with everything Andy!

Sorry to hear this news, Andy. Please stay active on this forum.

Guess that explains the drywall work. Sorry to hear it, Andy. Best of luck down in AZ.

Dang drywall, I hate drywall . . . But that was supposed to be for me, seems every time I finish a house we sell it for someone else to enjoy.

Ill still be on here, ya'll can't get rid of me that easy.

Arizona is great just 40 degrees too dang hot. It seems like I'm related to half the folks there. Seems pay there has got a lot better in the 15 years we have been here.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Andy say it ain't so.Your talents will surely be missed. I very much appreciated meeting you have having you work on my babies. I still want to have you build me a mountain rifle but suppose it will just be and mail thing. I wish you and your family nothing but the best!!!
    Dave

Its hard on Alaska losing folks like you. I know you will do good where ever you are.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Yes it's so Bear but now you'll have an excuce to take some thaw out in AZ winter trips. I'm still happy to build your rifle and even have much better shop fisilityes there to do it in.

Will it's hard on me loosing Alaska. I'm sure I'll be up here often as I have too many good frends here.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Sad to see you go Andy. Hoping and praying that this move is a blessing for you and your family.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

very sad to see you go, enjoyed chatting about future projects with yah at the shop. we'll have to keep em current when things get settled again for you. good luck on the move, you'll enjoy family and friends.

I know it has to stink to leave AK but we can always use another smith. I hope you're moving to a cooler part of the state.

Guess I can always send stuff to Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    very sad to see you go, enjoyed chatting about future projects with yah at the shop. we'll have to keep em current when things get settled again for you. good luck on the move, you'll enjoy family and friends.
    Iím all set to order reamers for that as soon as I get my new shipping address worked out.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Enjoy your new journey! At least you're going to a gun friendly state. Heck, you might even be able to go into a store and buy some powder down there! There might even be more than 2 stores that sell the stuff!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    Sad to see you go Andy. Hoping and praying that this move is a blessing for you and your family.
    Thanks, I think it will be

Quote Originally Posted by redale View Post
    Guess I can always send stuff to Arizona.
    Sure and down there Iíll have faster access to a lot of extra tooling, parts, materials and such.

Quote Originally Posted by PRDATR View Post
    I know it has to stink to leave AK but we can always use another smith. I hope you're moving to a cooler part of the state.
    No it is no fun to think about leavening Alaska for the heat. I grew up in Chino Valley and have some family there still but we are headed to the Valley's heat in July. North-west Valley 53rd Ave north of Greenway in Sunburst Farms, got good AC tho!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Enjoy your new journey! At least you're going to a gun friendly state. Heck, you might even be able to go into a store and buy some powder down there! There might even be more than 2 stores that sell the stuff!
    Yea a lot more than two stores . . . plus I will be able to order it and ship it in too.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Wife and I have a trip planned in late Oct to S AZ for a week. Where ya gonna set up camp, might be able to swing by and shake hands sir!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast