Thread: Flashtrap Spinners

Default Flashtrap Spinners

I seen a post mentioning that Flashtrap spinners are one of the best lures for Kings in some peoples opinions. Where do I get these things? I tried finding some online but the best I can do is come up with two images that might be Flashtraps??? Are these them?

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/def...?itok=pxBUr1ko

where can I order some from? I'm in Canada. Or are they just some kind of Blue Fox spinner? What colours work best?

I found this...hope it is helpful...G.

Flashtrap Spinners: Salmon Catching Lures

Flashtrap Spinners are proven fish catching lures and salmon slayers so effective numerous local charter captains and fishing guides fish them extensively for several Alaska fish species. Fishtale River Guides assembles Flashtraps in Alaska, and they are available locally through 3 Rivers Fly and Tackle in Wasilla (907) 373-5434. For top quality fishing tackle, a knowledgeable sales staff, and up to date fishing reports stop by the Three Rivers tackle shop and see their full selection of Flashtrap Spinners

Guy could crank those out by the bucket full for not much money after a visit to one of the lure making suppliers. Examples are Barlows and Lurecraft.

Kinda just looks like a "T Spoon" to me.........and I have indeed caught Kings on them.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

A guy can tie one of those in in 2 minutes.

Thanks for the info.

I seen a post on Kodiak Spinners being extra effective. What's your favorite spinner for Kings and what size is best to use? Do these custom spinners actually stand out or is a Mepps or Blue Fox going to be equally effective?

Usually we just fish with spin-n-glos on the bottom but we'll be fishing in the lava beds this year.

It's hard to beat a bluefox Vibrax spinner for Salmon.
    I've never tried the Kodiak custom spinners.
    I might have to though as they are made right here in Soldotna.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Bob View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I seen a post on Kodiak Spinners being extra effective. What's your favorite spinner for Kings and what size is best to use? Do these custom spinners actually stand out or is a Mepps or Blue Fox going to be equally effective?

Usually we just fish with spin-n-glos on the bottom but we'll be fishing in the lava beds this year.
    Flashtraps are good, Kodiaks are good, vibrax are good. All spin at a little different speed and run better at different depths. Color is also very critical; varies on time of season, light, and water conditions. Size 4-6 vibrax, with 5 usually best all around, and the heavier sizes of Kodiak and flash trap.

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Fan here... hand made by an Alaskan, durable & very effective in both fresh and salt water. I personnally really dig the skirted GI Spinners myself.

I have also used various other brands including blue fox and mepps. I always go with the biggest size no matter which brand.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com