Thread: Pale squash leaves

Default Pale squash leaves

The squash I transplanted to outside are pale green to even worse. I put some sea/ag fertilizer in each mound. The plants I have in a green house (cukes) seem to be doing better. Could this just be a temp issue? I guess I'm asking are other peoples outside squash struggling?

Mine are too. But I didn't really harden them off too well before they went into the ground. This is the first year gardening for me in quite a while but I remember zucchini squash not being too bothered by our normal summer temperatures.

That's " the norm" Same for me, every year.
    Even if I harden them off a few days then plant in the garden,
    they go thru a stressed period of no growth, yellow sunburned leaves.
    24/7 outside stress, normally last a week if we get some sun & above 50 nights. this year longer
    due to cold 40 nights.
    Then after about a week & temps at night above 50, they take of like gang-busters.

Mine just started some noticeable new growth the past week, have been planted for 3 weeks.
    I seeded new ones & just repotted to bigger pots 10 round & 10 black beauty , but the garden
    ones are showing progress , finally

Anyone need some zucs ? round & regular $1.50 ea to recover seed , soil & pot costs.

Don't love them to death,
    over watering & over fertilizing will do more damage to an already stressed plant.

Patience

Mine looking a lot better in the past few days :
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks guys. That's probably it, I kind of harden mine off the they sat inside a few days straight then I transplanted, just in time to catch these cool night time temps. I have a couple in containers that look like,they might not make it but if they don't I'll just have a bigger late crop of something else like snow peas or kale or something. I will ease back on the water and NOT dump more fert.. On em