Thread: Whittier question

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Default Whittier question

Has anyone noted any kelp beds close in to Whittier, primarily west of Decision Point?
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Nothing? no kelp in that close to Whittier?
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

The only kelp I know about is in Shotgun cove at the head.

But passage canal in general is just full of silt and muck.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

25 years of cruising the sound and can't recall seeing any kelp until I got near the ocean.

Ok, thanks guys