Thread: Charter recommendations for large groups

Default Charter recommendations for large groups

We are looking to book a charter for a large (12+) group of people during July or August. Open to going out from any location, just want to go out on a good fishing tide and be able to be taken to where there is some good fishing, not just a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am at the chicken hole. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

Unfortunately the larger boats by definition tend to hit the chicken holes in order to get everyone their limit of fish in a day. I'd suggest looking for a combo silver and halibut trip as honestly the silvers are a lot more fun to catch than halibut.

The last time I was out on a large group charter was out of Seward that has been around awhile, run's a pair of delta's whose names both start with L and I wasn't terribly impressed with the effort they put forth. They basically dropped anchor in front of Montague, sat on the hook for most of the day and a bite never materialized. They stopped by a chicken hole on the way back, which was infested with dogfish and after a few hookups said oh well and headed back. I think of the 15 people on the boat less than a dozen halibut were landed, a couple of lings and maybe a handful of silvers and rock fish.

That was quite a few years ago and maybe they've picked up their game since then.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Millers Landing has a 16 pax landing craft that can do 12 people and will customize a trip for you group. Give Chance Miller a call.

Crackerjack Charters in Seward. 14 of us are going out on Saturday!!

Try Northcountry in Homer. Shawn does a good job.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Silverfox in Homer has treated us well in the past. They can take a group up to 16 folks.

X 2 for Crackerjack. I walked by thief 15 passenger boat "Voyager" last week... Roomy , great looking ride, and Andy is as good as they come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gone with North Country out of Homer in august and brought home silvers and halibut and had good trips.

Highly recomend Saltwater Safari Company out of seward. They work their butts off to put you on the nicest fish possible
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)