Thread: Aurora Charters (Seward)

Default Aurora Charters (Seward)

Has anyone been on a charter with Aurora Charters out of Seward?

I did about 4-5 years ago and they were good, then a year or so after that I went again and their boat had broke down the day before so they sent us with another un named charter that came in from homer and they SUCKED!

Yes, two years ago. Most folks (about 12 on board) got limits of smaller halibut, although my my mom caught a 90lber, dad caught nothing but spiny dogfish. The capt/crew were all quite young, but I assume they just hit the chicken holes on the gps regardless.

If you go on anything bigger than a 6 pack count on chicken holes for butts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel E Fishin Sea View Post
    Yes, two years ago. Most folks (about 12 on board) got limits of smaller halibut, although my my mom caught a 90lber, dad caught nothing but spiny dogfish. The capt/crew were all quite young, but I assume they just hit the chicken holes on the gps regardless.

My parents and I went with them in june 2010 and we did awesome on fish. We got to one spot fished for half hour or so it was fairly slow, moved to another spot and found a bunch of them dog fish, moved again and found halibut and it was non stop action until we had to leave. The captain even let me use his personal rod to jig a giant mister twister with which hammered the butts
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

I wouldn't go with them. I am friends with many charters captains, including some that used to work there and hated it. My only direct experience with them was when Karl (the son) was anchored in Pony Cove with 50+ boats trolling by, and watching him yell at private boats that "I LET you fish here, but not that *****ING CLOSE!" to a troller that wasn't anywhere near him. I'd go with Pro-Fish-N-Sea or Crackerjack. Or Fish House. They actually have good reputations in the community.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Reklobe View Post
    I wouldn't go with them. I am friends with many charters captains, including some that used to work there and hated it. My only direct experience with them was when Karl (the son) was anchored in Pony Cove with 50+ boats trolling by, and watching him yell at private boats that "I LET you fish here, but not that *****ING CLOSE!" to a troller that wasn't anywhere near him. I'd go with Pro-Fish-N-Sea or Crackerjack. Or Fish House. They actually have good reputations in the community.
    I think I may have been yelled at by that guy!!! I was trolling at Pony (along with 100+ other boats) a few years ago when some dude went ballistic when I trolled past him as they were mooching. I just smiled and waved. If he doesn't want anyone fishing near him, he shouldn't fish at Pony Cove at the height of the Silver run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    I think I may have been yelled at by that guy!!! I was trolling at Pony (along with 100+ other boats) a few years ago when some dude went ballistic when I trolled past him as they were mooching. I just smiled and waved. If he doesn't want anyone fishing near him, he shouldn't fish at Pony Cove at the height of the Silver run.
    Wow, I have have had that same thing yelled at me by a charter. As I recall it was a long haired younger guy. I guess that is one of his standard lines.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded