Thread: My Lake Louise Cabin

Default My Lake Louise Cabin

My cabin on Lake Louise has been in the works for the last 3 years. It has been an awesome experience with friends and family. It's a 20X24 with a half loft.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

What size are your support post. They look like 4x4? Nice looking cabin . They say if you want a friend buy a boat and if you want to see who your friends are build a cabin.

You did awesome Bob!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

You are lucky, enjoy it. Looks great, congrats.

A​ny pics of the inside? Floor layout? Looks nice! Good job
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

image.jpgimage.jpgBig Bend, the 4x4's are for the deck only. The cabin foundation is steel piling. Mike, thanks man. I was out there most of last week and will be again next week. Stop on by. I'll work on posting some interior pics

Nice work!
    was this road or lake accessed for work? Some Pine T&G would look nice on the ceiling.
    slightly off topic, how does it work for you guys for building inspections/permits? Any at all?
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

It is lake accessed, and t&g is exactly what we have planned for the lid. That's gonna be one of the next projects, but I'm in no hurry. I've been busting my butt on that place for a while, so it's time to fish. That's what it's all about

How do you get the chair and stools to stay on the wall like that? ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    My cabin on Lake Louise has been in the works for the last 3 years. It has been an awesome experience with friends and family. It's a 20X24 with a half loft.
    What did something like this cost from beginning to end? If you can say?
    "Everything in moderation including moderation"

~~Oscar Wilde~~

The price of the property was...expensive! I did not get a good deal on it, but my wife and I tried to talk the owner into selling for about 6 years. It was worth it to us. The foundation and cabin materials came to roughly $18k. That doesn't cover all of the beer, food, and gas to get there of course. Garage sales, and Craigslist are a guy's best resource for material shopping. The two triangles are the only windows I bought. You'd be surprised at the stuff your buddies just want to get out of their house.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    The price of the property was...expensive! I did not get a good deal on it, but my wife and I tried to talk the owner into selling for about 6 years. It was worth it to us. The foundation and cabin materials came to roughly $18k. That doesn't cover all of the beer, food, and gas to get there of course. Garage sales, and Craigslist are a guy's best resource for material shopping. The two triangles are the only windows I bought. You'd be surprised at the stuff your buddies just want to get out of their house.
    18k isn't too bad, the beer being vey important. Decent property isn't cheap for certain. Did you fly or boat or drive the materials in?
    "Everything in moderation including moderation"

~~Oscar Wilde~~

Teri:
    Very nice! Can't wait till I get my place built....
    Enjoy and catch some fish.

The way it looks you have hand holds cut into your side rails for the Steps/Ladder. Looks neat It is like one I have in my cabin it is neither a regular set of steps or a ladder. I guess that we need to come up with a proper name for them.I have several sets of handicap hand grabs on mine.

A "Ships Ladder" is what I found on Google. I just made them out of wood instead of steel, and played around with dimensions and lengths. Out of everything done on the place, that get's more comments than anything.

Awesome cabin for sure!! Sticking with the stairs theme please share dimensions and building instructions for us who have not figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge