Thread: Powder supplies...Ug

Default Powder supplies...Ug

Wife and I drove to Spfd., Mo last weekend for her work requirements so I had 350 miles of stores to hit!
    Started in St Louis at Cabella's and they had 18 one lb cans of powder - 5 diff types - most for 50BMG... 1 can of IMR 4350, R22 - 2 lbs and that was it...
    Went to the BIG Bass Pro store in Spfd., Mo and same menu roughly. They had 9 cans of 4064 so I picked up 1 and only 7 lbs of other stuff - again R22 and 50BMG powder...
    Hit 3 good size private gun shops and just about the same story - not much and what there was, was not of interest...
    Bought a Ruger SR22 that I really like at one and that was that...
    Well, the wife and I did celebrate our 38th anniversary and had one of the best steak dinners ever at a place in Spfd., Mo called the Roadhouse if your ever there.....
    It still amazes me that the reloading components - mainly powders - have taken such a hit - never would have guessed that....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Wife and I drove to Spfd., Mo last weekend for her work requirements so I had 350 miles of stores to hit!
    Started in St Louis at Cabella's and they had 18 one lb cans of powder - 5 diff types - most for 50BMG... 1 can of IMR 4350, R22 - 2 lbs and that was it...
    Went to the BIG Bass Pro store in Spfd., Mo and same menu roughly. They had 9 cans of 4064 so I picked up 1 and only 7 lbs of other stuff - again R22 and 50BMG powder...
    Hit 3 good size private gun shops and just about the same story - not much and what there was, was not of interest...
    Bought a Ruger SR22 that I really like at one and that was that...
    Well, the wife and I did celebrate our 38th anniversary and had one of the best steak dinners ever at a place in Spfd., Mo called the Roadhouse if your ever there.....
    It still amazes me that the reloading components - mainly powders - have taken such a hit - never would have guessed that....
    You really know how to live Smokey:

I went to that Bass Pro store ONE time. It was very impressive.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Heh it sounds like your wife spent her anniversary shopping for reloading supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by mike h View Post
    Heh it sounds like your wife spent her anniversary shopping for reloading supplies.
    Yup she sounds like a keeper!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I got a new Sinclair catalog yesterday and it's loaded with powders that they aint got. Why even send out the stinking catalog.

I just stopped in Cabelas today and they had A bunch of IMR 4350 1 lb and several 5lb jugs and 50BMG. They also had several 1lb cans of H380, H322 and Imr 4064. SW had a small variety a couple weeks ago. Lots of primers and some bullets getting back on the shelves and most center fire ammo. I think we're getting there. Be nice to see some 22lr on the shelf so Smitty can shoot his MK III

Went to Cabela's Fort Worth last Saturday, they had about 6 pounds of powder and one 8 lb keg for 50BMG, we do have .22 back on the shelf at our LGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    You really know how to live Smokey:

I went to that Bass Pro store ONE time. It was very impressive.

Smitty of the North
    The fire never burns out if you really love each other, momma surprised me that night with a new camo teddy she snuck by me in the Bass Pro shop! The big difference today is I drink water with 2 alieve after the fun, usta be a bourbon and coke!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by mike h View Post
    Actually momma was looking hard for a new ccarry purse and playing with a lot of handguns! She went thru about 200 rounds today in her new Ruger SR22, tomorrow all the inlaws and outlaws will meet at our farm for a day of good eats and tons of shooting! I made a big fresh batch of sweet baby carrots fresh from our garden and have a pork loin all sliced for the grill! Sweet peas and smores are cooling in the fridge!

Actually momma was looking hard for a new ccarry purse and playing with a lot of handguns! She went thru about 200 rounds today in her new Ruger SR22, tomorrow all the inlaws and outlaws will meet at our farm for a day of good eats and tons of shooting! I made a big fresh batch of sweet baby carrots fresh from our garden and have a pork loin all sliced for the grill! Sweet peas and smores are cooling in the fridge!
    Good to hear some families still do that sort of thing! Did you ever try that fish I sent down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Good to hear some families still do that sort of thing! Did you ever try that fish I sent down?

It was delicious sir - thank you very much! Did you make a raccoon hat?

It was delicious sir - thank you very much! Did you make a raccoon hat?
    Not yet, haven't had the time to tan another batch yet!

I made a dandy raccoon hat once. One of my shorthairs tried to run it up a tree only it wouldn't run. He pooped pieces of raccoon hat for days.

I think my Little Lady needs a 22. She has a Pink Lady 38 special but she really doesn't like it much.

Can you shoot CCI Stingers in a SR22?

I think my Little Lady needs a 22. She has a Pink Lady 38 special but she really doesn't like it much.

Can you shoot CCI Stingers in a SR22?[/QUOTE]

I can't answer that EKC as I have not seen a cci on shelf in well over a year

Can you shoot CCI Stingers in a SR22?
    I can't answer that EKC as I have not seen a cci on shelf in well over a year[/QUOTE]

I have a few hunert packs from the olden days. Actually I think I have some Remington Yellow Jackets left too.

I'll read the material that comes with the gun and see if they warn against such. If not we will save the Stingers for Mom's defense load.

My wife's Ruger sr22 eats the rem yellow jackets just fine....