Thread: Nancy Lake Pointers

Default Nancy Lake Pointers

We are taking the boys up to the cabins on Nancy Lake this weekend and wondering if anyone can offer any tips and suggestions for how to fish it for rainbows? I have had a couple folks tell me to fish the creek inlets and outlets but I have very limited time on Nancy and don't know where those are...are they fairly easy to run around and find or not? Any other locations that are productive? How about for pike? I have caught a couple in that big cove around from the cabins a couple years ago but I had assistance from a real Northerner...my father in law is from the UP of Michigan. Can anyone offer any more productive spots?
    I saw on here in a search that you can run a herring on a bobber and be successful for pike.....can anyone elaborate on the rigging method and exactly what kind of water to fish this rig? Deep, or weedy shallow? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

# 1 check a MAP for the creeks # 2 , PIKE are not deep water fish , most of the time it will be 6 ft or less, an most of the time it will be less A
    lot less , the out let is in the SOUTH end of the lake it runs out into the little SUE, I think , good luck post what you get SID

Thanks Sid.

Do you have any surface/floating plugs..like rapalas or flatfish? Pike like to hang in weed beds so if you can locate some of those and fish the perimeters, I bet you'd score. You don't need floaters..about any spoon like a daredevil or krocodile will do...but it's great fun to cast a floater, jig it a bit and then watch that v shaped wake head for it at about 20 mph. and whamo!! I bet that would wind those boys of yours up pretty tight. Like Sid says, It'll happen in the top few feet of water. Hope you have a great time!

Tell that yooper FOL of yours to fish for pike an trout the same way he would back in the yooperland eh.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post
    Tell that yooper FOL of yours to fish for pike an trout the same way he would back in the yooperland eh.
    Now that's funny! Actually he isn't here right now but will be later on next month. We will be hitting Valdez...for theze....Attachment 79124

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    Do you have any surface/floating plugs..like rapalas or flatfish? Pike like to hang in weed beds so if you can locate some of those and fish the perimeters, I bet you'd score. You don't need floaters..about any spoon like a daredevil or krocodile will do...but it's great fun to cast a floater, jig it a bit and then watch that v shaped wake head for it at about 20 mph. and whamo!! I bet that would wind those boys of yours up pretty tight. Like Sid says, It'll happen in the top few feet of water. Hope you have a great time!
    Gary, I do have all those types of plugs, spoons, and even a few bucktail spinners and Vibrax's. Should be covered. The bow fishing suggestion sounds fun. I wasn't aware we could shoot fish here, but I never looked into it either.