Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hunt on The History channel

Default The Hunt on The History channel

Yet another Alaska show called The Hunt. It is actually not that bad it is all about hunting.

http://www.history.com/shows/the-hunt
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Yeah, I didn't think it was "that" bad either. Even though after the one guy actually killed a bear, they didn't even let us see hardly any of it. Thought that was kinda strange. Still don't care for all the "drama" from the narrator...... "they realize that now the hunter may be the hunted". That sh*t gets so da*n old.....sheesh.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Not too bad but I too wish they would avoid the over narration and stop bouncing around so much

Bouncing around and repeating, There's only about 10 minutes of "information" the rest is repetition, typical of these shows.

Quote Originally Posted by DoughNut View Post
    Bouncing around and repeating, There's only about 10 minutes of "information" the rest is repetition, typical of these shows.
    The bouncing and repeating are for people who tune in late, or go off for a snack. Not that I watch that stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    The bouncing and repeating are for people who tune in late, or go off for a snack....
    Yeah, but that's not our problem......it's theirs...!!!..........lol

The bouncing and repeating are obnoxious, just to prove it, let's bounce and repeat this thread,,,,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yet another Alaska show called The Hunt. It is actually not that bad it is all about hunting.

http://www.history.com/shows/the-hunt

PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Happily View Post
    Not too bad but I too wish they would avoid the over narration and stop bouncing around so much

this thread may now be stalking us

Watched last night. I didnt think it was too bad. I do think it is way better than the Kodiak show. Like some said before it goes just a bit far with the narrator saying "the hunter is now the hunted" type of stuff. Over all pretty good. Beats the hell out of watching some 'good ol' boys' killing a little buck under a corn feeder. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    The bouncing and repeating are for people who tune in late, or go off for a snack. Not that I watch that stuff...
    I thought it was for the "sound bite" generation who have the attention span of a chipmunk? Oops this post is to long for them.

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

The biggest detraction (IMO) was all the bear "vocalizations" and the accompaning facial expressions. One hunter looked he wanted to ask the guide for some TP, then decided it might be too late to ask.

How about last night's episode? I rather enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The biggest detraction (IMO) was all the bear "vocalizations" and the accompaning facial expressions. One hunter looked he wanted to ask the guide for some TP, then decided it might be too late to ask.
    Seems like every time they walk anywhere there is a bear roaring in the woods and the announcer will say "its out for blood" or some other silly think.

The woman who was hunting alone was cool.. did she get a bear? I fell asleep in the middle of the show last night.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    Seems like every time they walk anywhere there is a bear roaring in the woods and the announcer will say "its out for blood" or some other silly think.

The woman who was hunting alone was cool.. did she get a bear? I fell asleep in the middle of the show last night.
    Tune in next week............

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    No, she didn't get a bear. But they do show her shooting again on the preview of next week. I had to wonder if she would have stayed there alone without her father if she didn't have a camera crew along for the ride...???

Watched all but about the last 10-15 minutes.

Missed the conclusion. Old people need their sleep.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    No, she didn't get a bear. But they do show her shooting again on the preview of next week. I had to wonder if she would have stayed there alone without her father if she didn't have a camera crew along for the ride...???
    That's a good question... however, if it wasn't for the camera "person" from LA we wouldn't be watching "The Hunt" :-)

I've been on many extreme adventures in my day and I would say Hillarie's one of the toughest outdoors person I know!
    Twelve day float hunt last Fall, Brooks Range Hill camped on her own for 4-1/2 days on a 12 day float trip with her dad.
    New you were going to ask....Name of the River...No name river... near no name bend in river.... next to no name lake

Hill had taken three nice bull moose with her dad on previous trips. This year she wanted to prove to herself that she could do it on her own. First night on her own, Hill called in and passed up a 56" bull. Camera running she got about 15 minutes of video of the bull.
    After thrashing around in the brush for two nights third night Hill manage to call in a HUGE BULL! Caught the big bull in the ribs with a single shot 40 yards from camp. Shortly afterwards she cut up her moose, loaded it into her raft then broke camp the next morning and headed down river to where I was camping seven miles away a day and a half later. Did I say SOLO.

All total we took five bulls last year all over fifty inches, Hillarie's being the largest. No competition in our camp....
    Raft trip we saw 19 grizzly bear. Resident friend caught a large bore with his rifle and I caught my third grizz/brown bear in Alaska with bow up close and personal. Three arrows three BBD. Caught four caribou on our float trip as well.

Prior to "The Hunt" on the History Channel Hillarie was 7 for 7 on big game animals. One shot one kill x seven.
    She's by far the best shot of anyone I've ever hunted with. Gifted in the fact that she's able to be extremely focused under pressure!!!

Understand, going solo not for most of the viewers out there. But for Hillarie it's "her" right of passage it's "her" journey!
    All I know "SHE IS ONE TOUGH ALASKAN!" Thanks for tuning into the History Channel you'll enjoy watching the next episode.!

We all saw her Kodiak deer.
    Will she be 9 for 9????? :-)

DAD

Not watching the show, but happy you can make a post like this if you are "dad". Congrats to the young lady, and to the folks that raised her. Alaskans are a different breed they say, there sure is enough shows to decide. Again, congrats dad, our children get where they are because we've held the map, when they stop asking "are we there yet", that is the time to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by ramdap View Post
    New you were going to ask....Name of the River...No name river... near no name bend in river.... next to no name lake
    Don't know what that was supposed to mean.......but....oh well...???

Don't quite understand the attitude but I guess you have your reason/s? I wasn't trying to be snarky, just an honest question and I wasn't questioning her hunting, or outdoor prowess in the least. In fact, when I typed the post I thought of going on further saying....I also wonder if Dad would have agreed to let her stay alone to hunt a Kodiak brownie (with a muzzle loader) if the camera crew wasn't along.....or if you would have had any say in the matter. Again, not that she could or couldn't handle it, only that.....being a Dad myself of a beautiful 21 year old born and raised outdoorsy Alaskan gal, I would be scared sh*tless to leave my daughter alone on that island....camera crew or not!

I saw what you said about the "right of passage" on the show and how it seemed it was all you could do to keep it together.....and I respect that. Please understand, I guess when I asked the question I wondered if you and her thought long and hard about it or if her leaving with you was even a consideration? Then again, maybe she answered my question when she said "I came here to hunt.....I'd rather die out here than in a warm bed."

I meant no disrespect towards either her or you. And I'm sorry if it came off that way.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast