Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To the idiots who littered a new inflateable raft 6 miles up Resurrection Pass trail:

Exclamation To the idiots who littered a new inflateable raft 6 miles up Resurrection Pass trail:

Sunday afternoonwhen when I first passed you two smoking cigarettes in the forest on the Resurrection Pass trail while carrying multiple firearms and wearing multiple Go-Pro cameras, I thought to myself "these are the types of morons that start wildland fires". A few miles ahead, I was surprised to find a brand new bright yellow made in China Friday Harbor inflatable raft along with the pump, plastic paddle, repair kit and other assorted plastic trash lying alongside the trail near Caribou Creek. Not exactly known for it's raft-able water, I surmised that the boat may belong to a hunter needing to float something across Resurrection Creek. Wrong!!

So later in the day, as I pass you again on my return, we talk briefly about the raft on the trail, and you admit that it was yours! With guns hanging and Go-Pros mounted in various locations on yourselves and your gear, you explain how you are not from around here, and you have come from Massachusetts and the survivalist experience you planned to have on Resurrection Pass trail was nothing like what you had read it would be on the internet! You apologize for leaving the raft behind on the side of the trail, explaining that you had been carrying 112 pounds of gear in your pack and there was absolutely no way that you would have ever made it out without leaving it behind. It was a matter of survival! And for that matter, the rugged Alaskan wilderness was unlike anything you had ever experienced or expected it would be! You had been expecting to survive off all of the fish in Resurrection Creek and you had not seen a single one! All you 2 had to eat for the last 5 days were 3 sparrows! You had planned to float out but were so intimidated by the creek that you never even inflated it.These waters were nothing like you had back home. You did, however, so kindly offer that anyone who wanted the raft that you had abandoned near the Caribou cabin was welcome to it!

I have to say, with tattoos up to your neck, gauged earings, guns dangling, all the GoPro cameras and the huge packs overloaded with unnecessary survivalist gear, you boys looked a bit out of your element. Maybe you were trying to get on to a reality tv show? I guess survival in the wilderness is just that....whatever it takes to survive! And if that means violating the wilderness ethics code of "leave no trace" and littering a large yellow pvc plastic made in China raft on the side of one of the most beautiful and well used National Forest trails in the state of Alaska, well then thank God you have survived!

I sure hope they made it back to their car which will take them back to the airport which will take them back to massachusetts. And stay out!!!
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

LOSERS! Hopefully they just stay home and watch all the fake outdoors & reality shows from now on. Another adventure like that one might turn them into scat next time.

WANKERS!! STAY HOME AND SAVE YOUR $ FOR MORE TATS!!!
    Goo

The North American Indians said the same thing when settlers from Europe invaded their (for a lack of better terms) land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt-Hunter View Post
    The North American Indians said the same thing when settlers from Europe invaded their (for a lack of better terms) land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you read that on the internets?

Maybe he heard it from Elizabeth Warren.

should have taken one of their own pistols from them and whipped them with it. Or better yet, smack them with the business end of the lame paddle they left on the trail. Hearing their excuse made me think of one of my favorite Proverbs quote, and the only one I can partly recall:

"The lips of fools create strife, which in turn invites a beating."

one can only imagine their parents' ethical intelligence, and the parents' parents. Ignorance tends to breed idiots and generations evolve beyond the reach of self awareness

lb, out.

They are fortunate they did not lose their lives. A lesson in humility, I am sure...I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to pursue a dream, some dreams are meant for achieving the first time, others over a lifetime. I hope they go home having learned a thing or two (or three), come back and try again, without leaving their trash behind, of course. But if I had to guess, I'd say they let AK kick their (probably) tattooed 'arses' and won't return...

LOL
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Maybe he heard it from Elizabeth Warren.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sayak again"
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Never ceases to amaze me that people think that reading some crap on the internet makes them bushmasters!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goeaux View Post
    WANKERS!! STAY HOME AND SAVE YOUR $ FOR MORE TATS!!!
    Goo
    A perfect use of the word. I'm just glad they got out of there before the shot and wounded either a bear or a moose for food.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me that people think that reading some crap on the internet makes them bushmasters!!!!
    Ha......its on a well established trail...!!! Don't know what they would have done had they actually had to bushwack.....probably would have killed them......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Actually this thread is altogether useless, pointless, and entirely unenlightening. . As if *******s and litter is a new thing.
    Seriously, keep this drivel on Facebook. Bunch of grown ass men whining on the internet. Enjoy your hike, ignore the wankers and pack the trash out.

I have yet to see a big pile of WalMart gear on a trail. It didn't take much of an imagination to picture what was described. Maybe if I wasted even more of my home time on FB I'd be enlightened too?

we likes to impress ourselves with trivial nonsensicous to entertain the membrane...i rekon! :-))

lb, agreed

Personally, I think it is a good thing to point out when we see people/groups/entities trashing something. Yes, it has been going on since whenever, but does that make it okay? No. The more people are aware of it happening, the more people are likely to watch their own actions and say something when they see others doing wrong. Closing your eyes and sticking your fingers in your ears to ignore something isn't going to help improve things.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Personally, I think it is a good thing to point out when we see people/groups/entities trashing something. Yes, it has been going on since whenever, but does that make it okay? No. The more people are aware of it happening, the more people are likely to watch their own actions and say something when they see others doing wrong. Closing your eyes and sticking your fingers in your ears to ignore something isn't going to help improve things.
    I respect your opinion. But mine is that *****ing about it and calling people out on the internet never solved anything. I dont ignore the trashing and litter. I pick it up, put it in my pack and take it out, and throw it away.

So I guess what I'm saying is, calling those guys out on here solved what? they are still littering wankers, (good word btw) and I'm guessing the trash is still there. One heck of a solution. ...

If the OP had called them out after he packed out all their litter- that's one thing. But the way it sounds to me is just a lot of hot air and talk with no action. Maybe I'm wrong, if so, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by icb12 View Post
    I respect your opinion. But mine is that *****ing about it and calling people out on the internet never solved anything. I dont ignore the trashing and litter. I pick it up, put it in my pack and take it out, and throw it away.

So I guess what I'm saying is, calling those guys out on here solved what? they are still littering wankers, (good word btw) and I'm guessing the trash is still there. One heck of a solution. ...

If the OP had called them out after he packed out all their litter- that's one thing. But the way it sounds to me is just a lot of hot air and talk with no action. Maybe I'm wrong, if so, I apologize.
    With regards to the OP packing out the trash, if you read the post again, you will see that they figured it was not trash at the time. They thought it was something stashed for a hunter to use to cross the creek or something along those lines. It wasn't until they were on their way out and passed the guys the 2nd time when they found out that they were the ones leaving it behind.

This was a nice read until icb12 had to add his 2 cents. Though I did like the gif he added in his first post. I'm pretty sure he is a small child. He complained about the fact there were no pictures and then had to be corrected by anchskier on what happened because he couldn't understand the original post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast