Thread: Lake Louise Report.

Default Lake Louise Report.

Lake Louise is low for this time of year. If you do not know where the known hazards are be very careful. There are rocks in new places. Sand bars that used to be passable are now extremely shallow.

The channel was not marked. 3 boats got stuck. The last one is about as high and dry as you can get. Sweet boat too. His first trip out too. Jet wasn't even touching the water. Maybe 2-3" of water. If you do not know where to go through at wait until someone goes through successfully then follow. Announce your channel travel on VHF channel 11.

There was almost a week of high winds. The sandbar on the Louise side is very shallow. You cannot just point and shoot to make it.

Fish are being caught. Only 1 huge one that I know of and it was by a 12 year old.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Dang!!!
    That channel is skinny enough at the best of times.

If you don't have a radio, don't run the shoreline on Susitna and cut hard left into the channel. We had a close call with some dipsh*t in a red Phantom sport jon this weekend doing just that. If my family wouldn't have been with me, I'd have chased the guy down and versed him in proper channel etiquette..

The lower it gets, the faster the boats will go through. I called the lodge. No word on when the markers will be put in.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks