Thread: Dm 922 info

Default Dm 922 info

Looking for anyone that has some first hand info on DM 922. I plan on hunting the last week of sept and camping at the arctic circle campground and going out from there. Anyone have info on this hunt from past years?
    "The road goes on forever and the party never ends"

Anyone??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Had this tag last year, but had to come out to soon! It is best late season IMHO. Tons of camping at the Arctic Circle camp ground (I parked high in back), lots of ptarmigan and bear sign...all moose sign from the winter. I liked the Jim River area far better to camp with lots more area to hunt. Lot of road hunters driving up and down, but mostly near all the water. Best of luck and enjoy. Have a good camera...saw wolf, fox, brownies, and more!
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

I've had that permit too. Check out the Bonanza Creek area.

Thanks for the info guys, were you able to get off the road much? Im looking at running up the Koyukuk a little ways possibly...

We had a raft along but really never needed it. I would take one just in case. We either did spot and stalk or calling. Calling was how we got our moose though.

I drew that tag in 2006, saw two bulls that were a little small was wanting bigger ones in the 50" range and never seen another bull after those, alot more moose hunters in that part of the corridor, the more concentration of moose is further north up near the Koyukuk rivers, get on Gobblers knob and glass for a couple hours, you should at least see moose. I drew the DM920 tag a year later (2007) and tagged out on a 61 inch bull, and seen several big ones. good luck, take a bear tag, I chased black bears when I got bored and got one with my bow too, small 5 footer.

Thanks for all the info. Should be a good hunt. Taking the wife on her first bow hunt also to chase some bou