Thread: PWS this weekend??

Default PWS this weekend??

Anyone been out recently?? Are we to late for beach hunting, will the bears already be up high??

We saw nothing last saturday evening or sunday...Eric

Default saw three

shot two. Where I am hunting I think it will still be good. My dads bear was thin with hair but looks lice, just the under coat was gone, was not rubbed and can't even tell in the photo. Mine was still full coat but all matted. So hard to tell what you will find. Just look them over good if looking for a nice hide. Some bays still have a ton of snow up high. Grass is just now getting tall and lush. Our bears will chuck full of grass as well as most of the scat we were seeing. Good luck.

Default This weekend?

AKBighorn was out last Sunday and saw 13 bears, with some down low. He said the brush was certainly startgin to green up, but still workable. No, he wasn't hunting as he had relatives from outside that were not so much into hunting as to viewing.
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Anybody have a plae in mind to start looking theey might share. I'll be out there Thur. Hoping to see just 1 bear. The rest of them can go on about their business.

Fish

Default Just back

I just got back in from a week of hunting on PWS. We saw maybe 25-30 bears from the bait stand, 3-4 on the beach and one wolf at the bait stand. They are all coming down from up high to the bait. We chased one wounded one up 1,000 - 1,200 feet and the amount of sign up there is amazing. Amazing still is how a bear shot through the center and bleeding out both sides can scamper up a mountain that stopped me from proceeding any further as it was all moss on rocks.

Bears are still high but getting lower.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default i'm wondering

do you think all 25-30 bears were different ones?
    or seeing some multiple times?

Default Camera

We have them on camera. Some that we thought were singles turnded into doubles: like there were 2 - 1 year olds that treed each other. And the 2 - 2 year olds that treed each other. We also look for identifiers: chevrons, diamonds (yes one 3 year old has a diamond on the center of her chest, filmed her last year too. Female, boar tried to mounter her) and fur color. There are several that have a hint of brown on the forehead and back. We were putting 14-16 hours a day in at the stands.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012