Thread: Hand Troll Permit

Default Hand Troll Permit

I'm looking at getting a hand troll permit and was wondering if there is a way to look up if there are any leans or any other things on it that would keep it from being transfered before I give the guy any money.

Go down to the ADFG and see if they can look it up for you. A call to the CFEC can probably figure it out too. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanap View Post
    I'm looking at getting a hand troll permit and was wondering if there is a way to look up if there are any leans or any other things on it that would keep it from being transfered before I give the guy any money.
    Contact the CFEC, they should be able to tell you. If they are on the Intent to transfer list, I would think you would be good to go. Also, I don't recommend going through a broker (if you are). I would recommend just starting at the top of the list and start calling people personally until you find someone willing to take your offer. I called over 20 people before I found someone who would take my offer, and I got a great deal on my permit.

-On another note, went out today after work and got skunked HT'ing. Fishing has been hot this last week, but today was pretty dead. Some hand trollers were getting 15-30 kings on a given day.

Thanks guys. It is a private seller and am getting a killer deal. Just wanted to make sure it was all on the up and up.