Thread: Best GPS maps for all Coastal AK

Default Best GPS maps for all Coastal AK

I bought a Garmin echoMap 70dv and am I looking for suggestion on the best maps to buy for it for running all coastal AK. THe unit came with LakeVu HD maps but they aren't much good in the ocean.

Thanks
    23' Duckworth Magnum jet boat.

Not sure if the g2 card will work but if so, should be all you need for anchorage to Juneau...
    Tony

I see online that one comes with LakeVu or the Blue Chart G2. You definately need the G2 for the ocean. I just bought the 840XS and it came preloaded with the Blue Charts and they are excellent. You get navigational and fishing charts. Very handy stuff. That's too bad it you didn't get the one with it preloaded. May try to exchange it, LakeVU does nothing for you.
    TIGHT LINES...ALASKA!!
    2005 Trophy Pro 2359
    "Nut-N-Honey"

I didn't buy mine online so didn't get the option to get blue chart. Would HUS039R - US All & Canadian West Coast g2 maps work? or do I need to buy VUS025R - Anchorage-Juneau?

I have a Garmin 740s, and with the G2 card it has all of the Southeast Alaska waters, which is all I need, haven't looked to see how much of the rest of the world it covers.

I've got the VUSO25R and the charts are pretty good. There are still a number of rocks that aren't marked on it that I have found though. I don't think they would be marked on any Garmin chart though, they aren't on the NOAA charts either. Its been pretty spot on in my shrimping area though.

Thanks for all the reply's. I am gonna try the G2 for now to see how it works.