Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Hunters' Medical Training; June 27th

  1. #1
    Member frozenmisipi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    50

    Default Hunters' Medical Training; June 27th

    I will be teaching short, FREE classes Friday June 27th with Outer Limits Medicine for Medical Rescue Unbound, LLC at Cabelas (in the conference room; hang a left when you walk in the door)

    5:30pm-6:30pm we will be talking about field treatments for traumatic injuries (gun shot wounds, cuts, impaled objects (i.e. lures, arrows, etc.)), then 7pm-8pm we will be going over different options for first aid kits (from packing light for sheep hunting to the road warriors). The classes will be taught by Alaskans who have over 18 years combined advanced emergency medicine.

    This is the same weekend Cabela's is having their Hometown Heroes, Armed Forces Appreciation discount.

    If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

  2. #2
    Member highestview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Haines
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Count me in.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

  3. #3
    Member frozenmisipi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Thank you! Looking forward to it!

  4. #4
    New member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Looking forward to the class! Can cover a lot of info in 2 one hour seminars

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    738

    Default

    frozen,
    I wonder if Cabelas would be inclined to video your presentation and have it available to us who are 3000 miles away?
    Thank you

  6. #6
    Member soon2beinAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    49

    Default

    That would be great. I would even be willing to pay a small fee.

  7. #7
    Member frozenmisipi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Sorry, Knikglacier, I was gone fishing the last week (and about to leave again until the day of the seminar . I doubt Cabelas would do that, but we have been talking about putting together a webcast type of thing. If you want to pm me and give me your email, I'll keep you up to date on that (and, OF COURSE, you can like us on Facebook; I put updates there too, it's under Medical Rescue Unbound LLC). I'll try to sneak in a quick low tech (via iphone) recording of it and post it on Facebook, but it won't be of the whole thing, just a tiny snippet.

    You may want to check out The Survival Doctor, I use his books for the long courses I do. He's a great resource, a retired doctor from a small southern town that just wants to share medical survival knowledge that really should be available to us all.

  8. #8
    Member Big Country's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Thanks to both of you for sharing this knowledge with those who attended. I had to leave earlier than expected, but I appreciate the opportunity to hear from you folks.

  9. #9
    Member frozenmisipi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Thank you for coming out. Wish we had more time to go over things in detail; looking forward to our class in July. I'll put a snippet of the Cabela's class on our Facebook page as promised. Thanks everyone for spending the time with us, we really appreciated the turn out!!

  10. #10
    Member frozenmisipi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soon2beinAK View Post
    That would be great. I would even be willing to pay a small fee.
    For those looking for recordings, I thought this would help: Dr Hubbard ("The Survival Doctor") will be releasing a video series in September on common emergencies and how you can deal with them when you can't get help (911). If you sign up, you'll learn more about it and get advised when it's released, just click the link: http://archive.aweber.com/survivaldo...New_Online.htm

    I've worked with Dr Hubbard many times before, he's a great resource. He's a retired MD that's just trying to help the general public gain medical knowledge and skills to save lives.

  11. #11
    Member soon2beinAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Thank you for passing that info along. I will keep my eye out for it.

  12. #12
    Member smarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    224

    Default

    What good/ironic timing! I had a local sporting goods store manager talk to me two days ago asking if I knew about any wilderness medicine classes and poof, here you are. I will get this link to him. Thank you.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frozenmisipi View Post
    I will be teaching short, FREE classes Friday June 27th with Outer Limits Medicine for Medical Rescue Unbound, LLC at Cabelas (in the conference room; hang a left when you walk in the door)

    5:30pm-6:30pm we will be talking about field treatments for traumatic injuries (gun shot wounds, cuts, impaled objects (i.e. lures, arrows, etc.)), then 7pm-8pm we will be going over different options for first aid kits (from packing light for sheep hunting to the road warriors). The classes will be taught by Alaskans who have over 18 years combined advanced emergency medicine.

    This is the same weekend Cabela's is having their Hometown Heroes, Armed Forces Appreciation discount.

    If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
    Sadly I don't get by here enough and have missed this. Would love to connect with you in the background to see what this is all about. I produce Alaska Outdoors TV on Outdoor Channel. Tks.

  14. #14
    Member frozenmisipi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frozenmisipi View Post
    For those looking for recordings, I thought this would help: Dr Hubbard ("The Survival Doctor") will be releasing a video series in September on common emergencies and how you can deal with them when you can't get help (911). If you sign up, you'll learn more about it and get advised when it's released, just click the link: http://archive.aweber.com/survivaldo...New_Online.htm

    I've worked with Dr Hubbard many times before, he's a great resource. He's a retired MD that's just trying to help the general public gain medical knowledge and skills to save lives.

    He has released a FREE mini series if you sign up (I think it'll come in emails). So, as long as you have internet, you're set. Here's the link:
    http://www.thesurvivaldoctor.com/201...status-workup/

    Just scroll to the end of that post and there's a sign up form.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •