Thread: New Bow String Maker and Tuner in Fairbanks Area

Default New Bow String Maker and Tuner in Fairbanks Area

Hello there! I am a bow string maker in Fairbanks and just wanted to introduce myself!

My wife is 3rd generation Alaskan from Homer and I am from AZ with 30+ years bow hunting. I got into making strings for myself 14 years ago and have been making them since. My strings are no rotation, no stretch and no shoot-in time. I have not had the opportunity to hunt up here yet, but I am really looking forward to it. This is God's Country for sure!

I also tune bows, install the strings. I handcraft wooden recurves and longbows also but not selling yet.

Look forward to everyone's posts and thanks for having us on here!
    Custom: Compound Bow Strings, Custom Bows, Custom Muzzleloaders

Welcome KIA! I'm a former custom bowyer, four-point/fishmouth footed shaft and Flemish string maker. I know nothing about continuous loop strings, so, how the heck do you make a non-rotational string? Is there no twist in them? I shot a compound in the early 80's and I always had problems with my peepsight, [I'm assuming you're talking about compound strings].

BTW, I live on the next rock up from Kodiak.

Quote Originally Posted by Longbow6360 View Post
    Welcome KIA! I'm a former custom bowyer, four-point/fishmouth footed shaft and Flemish string maker. I know nothing about continuous loop strings, so, how the heck do you make a non-rotational string? Is there no twist in them? I shot a compound in the early 80's and I always had problems with my peepsight, [I'm assuming you're talking about compound strings].

We do make a non-rotational string with a twist and the reason it does not rotate is the stretching process. We have ways to check it during the stretching process to make sure it does not rotate too! We make compound, long and recurve strings actually!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbow6360 View Post

We are actually in Fairbanks, but I am from Homer. Kodiak's runway, that's a treat to fly into! Afognak... are you a commercial fisherman?