Thread: Upper Kenai Opener!

Default Upper Kenai Opener!

It is almost here, just a matter of days now.

Who's going?

I've floated the Upper a few times recently just to dust off the cobwebs and to enjoy the river before the crowds descend, sure looks like a lot of chainsaw work has been taking place, clearing sweepers along the main channel and in a few of the braids. Bear braid has really been widened out at the opening to the channel, and the sign warning of the danger on that braid is gone. PLEASE remember how many folks have lost gear/boats and had some very near misses on that particular braid.

If you're out there next week and see a camp with a green raft parked on the beach and a small Blue Heeler chasing a tennis ball, being thrown by a young lady (My daughter, AKA The Hobbit), pull on in and say hello. We generally camp at either Glory Hole, or Windy Corner, but may try a new site out if the urge strikes.

The gear is ready, and now it is just a matter of counting down the days.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

I just might be there and will definitely stop by if I make the trip. I'll be in a Willies with a crazy 4 year old in the bow.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Sounds great Danner. If I remember to pack em, there'll be Tibetan Prayer flags hanging off one of the tents, and a Jolly Roger flying from a pole in camp...In other words, we shouldn't be hard to spot.....

Anyone who wants to toss up a tent, is more than welcome, we plan on camping and fishing through next Friday.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Sounds like a good time, to bad I wont be around, I am leaving town on the opener to Naknek. Hope you guys have fun.
    Go Aces!!!!!!!!

I can't wait!! I'm living in Cooper Landing again this summer so I'll be on the water every day.