Thread: Elfin Cove Diesel Fuel

Default Elfin Cove Diesel Fuel

I'm planning on crossing the gulf of Alaska in a 40' boat and would like to fill up in Elfin Cove before heading to Seward. Does anyone know of, or have contact information for a public fuel dock that sells diesel in Elfin Cove? Thanks.

Elfin Cove Fuel - (907) 239-2208

Was in Elfin just a few weeks ago, again. Great and friendly gals at the fuel dock, we were also in a 40' (transiting from Whittier to Anacortes). Do yourself a favor and spend as much time as you can walking the boardwalks around town (we stopped for a 'few hours' and stayed for a day and a half), great people there, and I've never seen so many hummingbirds ANYwhere in Alaska as in the Cove.

You can grab fuel in Yakutat also, as I'm sure you know.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Brian make sure to make a pass through the copper river fleet on the flats, show them what a real boat runs like !!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Was in Elfin just a few weeks ago, again. Great and friendly gals at the fuel dock, we were also in a 40' (transiting from Whittier to Anacortes). Do yourself a favor and spend as much time as you can walking the boardwalks around town (we stopped for a 'few hours' and stayed for a day and a half), great people there, and I've never seen so many hummingbirds ANYwhere in Alaska as in the Cove.

You can grab fuel in Yakutat also, as I'm sure you know.
    Thanks Hippie- I wasn't sure about Yakutat as I have heard conflicting reports. But sounds like Yakutat definitely has fuel? If so I will definitely be pulling into there. I figured I'd fill up in Elfin Cove and I can make it to Seward, but a stop in between would be nice.

What kind of speed did your boat cruise at? I plan on cruising at 18-20 knots. How many running hours did it take you to make the trip? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    Brian make sure to make a pass through the copper river fleet on the flats, show them what a real boat runs like !!
    Steve- I think the Wesmac is in Cordova. I'm planning on leaving Bellingham this coming Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderpro View Post
    Steve- I think the Wesmac is in Cordova. I'm planning on leaving Bellingham this coming Monday morning.
    I got to call ya soon got some stuff i need to ask ya. Have a safe trip and if ya need anything shipped or whatever just email or call me 907 775-1692. I'll ask my buddies over there if they have seen the boat.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by Powderpro View Post
    Thanks Hippie- I wasn't sure about Yakutat as I have heard conflicting reports. But sounds like Yakutat definitely has fuel? If so I will definitely be pulling into there. I figured I'd fill up in Elfin Cove and I can make it to Seward, but a stop in between would be nice.

What kind of speed did your boat cruise at? I plan on cruising at 18-20 knots. How many running hours did it take you to make the trip? Thanks
    As you follow the channel into Yakutat, there is a small cove with a cannery to the left and a floating dock on the right. Wagoners Cruising guide has the Harbormaster number, or just give him a shout on 16. We tied to the floating dock for the night with his approval and called the fuel company in the morning. They'll bring a truck to either the cannery or city dock and lower you a fuel hose. Pretty straightforward and easy.
    We averaged 15 kts overall and made it from Whittier to Anacortes right at 100 hours of driving time. We took 12 days in total, holding for weather in Elfin one day, 1/2 a day at Warm Springs Bay, and a full day at Alert Bay.

It was my 5th run since Nov. through SE going or coming from Seward or Whittier. It never gets old.
    Wagoners is a useful tool, much like a Milepost for mariners.

Have a great trip, and watch those tides around Inian/Cape Spencer as well as, and especially, Seymore Narrows.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."